weissmertz

i just got started using the media center on my pc to record tv programs .tried to use it today and i get an error saying "media center has stopped working" i cant watch live tv or watch anything i have recorded.i made sure my tv card is still working by downoadng a free version of sage tv and it works fine.has anyone else ran into this problem and what can i do to fix this ? by the way i like the media center a lot better than sage .also whie i am ??? is vista media center anything like 7

Solution
Hi guy
Try reloading the driver again for your TV card and then start the setup again for Live TV.
Doesn't matter if it BSOD's one or 2 times -- just keep re-booting until setup finishes.

Then it works fine

I'm using Hauppage HVR-900H USB stick and it works fine (The Hauppage WIN TV application won't work yet on W7 X-64).

My only problem with the Media center for TV watching is that I can't switch it to accept Composite Video -- but for watching TV channels (Digital - Freeview in the UK) it's fine.

Enc shot from SKY News (Cricket shot for anybody in USA)

cheers
jimbo
Hi guy
Try reloading the driver again for your TV card and then start the setup again for Live TV.
Doesn't matter if it BSOD's one or 2 times -- just keep re-booting until setup finishes.

Then it works fine

I'm using Hauppage HVR-900H USB stick and it works fine (The Hauppage WIN TV application won't work yet on W7 X-64).

My only problem with the Media center for TV watching is that I can't switch it to accept Composite Video -- but for watching TV channels (Digital - Freeview in the UK) it's fine.

Enc shot from SKY News (Cricket shot for anybody in USA)

cheers
jimbo

Solution
i have reinstalled drivers i am using a hauppuage 1800 .also i downloaded a free tv dvr program sage tv and it works fine .also did a reinstall upgrade of 7 to see if that would work .but it didnt any other suggestions?:cool:

what is bosd

Last edited:
Back