Windows 7 Media player in toolbar

Hmmm, seems to me I recall it being there by default but...

> (go to) Start > All Programs, find WMP on the list, Rt click, select "Pin to Taskbar".

I have an 09 Street Glide, my 6th Harley in a row, over the years. Like it the best of all (I've had).

Have always liked the 03 colour scheme.

Cheers,
Drew

Thats just the button to launch it. They mean so it appears like vistas does. Like a little bar icon without having to use live preview to play and pause and such.

In Vista you can right click on the taskbar click on toolbars and check windows media player and when you minimize it you can still control it with buttons on taskbar.

Hope that clears things up.

In Vista you can right click on the taskbar click on toolbars and check windows media player and when you minimize it you can still control it with buttons on taskbar.

Hope that clears things up.

Sigh people dont understand. They want it like vistas to work in 7. But the toolbar option isent in 7. It uses the live preview thing to play and pause. People want it like it was in vista. Like can it work in compatibility mode.

Link Removed - Invalid URL may help you, although it envolves downgrading to mp11

well 03hdfatboy, I do understand your request but there´s not much difference between sticking wmp to taskbar or using it as a toolbar like we used to. If you have it sticked you can still hoower over it to get the preview and "whoops" - there you find you controls.

Yeah I know..I already figured that out but I can't control it with my G15 keybord unless it is open. But it's OK I ended up uninstalling 7 for now... I keep getting BSOD.

I'll be back....

How do I get media player to minimize into toolbar like Vista?
I googled it but haven't found anything.

I'd love to recommend you TaskSwitchXP, a freeware task switcher with previews, and with a lot of customizations. It works with Aero on or off, and it lets you minimize any window to the taskbar area, with a hotkey or with the right mouse click. This is what it can look like:

Link Removed due to 404 Error

P.S. It works fine on XP, Vista, and 7, x86 or x64. It has a couple of small issues with x64 OS's, so you may want to replace its original exes with these Link Removed due to 404 Error.

Hope you'll like it as much as I do. Good luck everyone. :)

Back