Windows 10 Microsoft changing user agreements..

Saltgrass

Excellent Member
Microsoft Community Contributor
I got the notice Microsoft is modifying there Customer and Privacy agreements. It struck me the alteration would take place Aug. 1st, which is three days after the planned public release of Windows 10.

I read through some of the requirements, but I am not up to date on the current agreement so I can't compare. The part about Microsoft being able to use your content for certain purposes, if you share it online, got some of my attention.

What also go my attention was if you do not sign in to Outlook.com at least once a year, the account will be closed and your primary alias can be given to someone else. Seems a little strange since right now, my primary alias is set up by my Microsoft account.

I wonder if anyone will come out with a plain language rendition directed more how this will directly effect the user?

Thanks for listening..

I agree in that lawyers seem to be paid to avoid common sense as much as possible. But I was referring to someone not being paid by Microsoft.

I don't mind loosing the Outlook.com account or the OneDrive, or much else since I don't use them anyway... just I did not realize they could even be closed as long as we had a Microsoft account.

Even the Microsoft account has to be signed into every 5 years or it will be closed also. But this should not be a problem for most folks.

My X99 system just went back to 8.1. I am starting to think the RTM will be compiled without repairing the situations with this system.

My X99 system just went back to 8.1. I am starting to think the RTM will be compiled without repairing the situations with this system.
I assume that compatible drivers will be left to the device manufacturer and depending on their interest and attention to the new OS, said drivers may or may not be available to Microsoft for inclusion into the release on July 29th or subsequently through perhaps, Windows Update.

I just hope that, whatever the source, we can install the particular driver of our choosing and stop Windows 10 from installing something else in its' place.

This is off the subject but Nvidia has a newer driver that is not designated for Windows 10. Maybe they have it fixed but not in the builds to which we have access. If there is a new build this Friday, another chance to check the situation....

Back