Microsoft Office 2013 customer preview

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Microsoft today released a customer preview of the next generation of Microsoft Office, which is optimized for both touchscreens and traditional desktops. While the new features of Office are definitely tailored to Windows 8, the suite will work on both Windows 8 and Windows 7. You can test it out now by going to the Office Customer Preview link.

Microsoft Office Customer Preview

I used it extensively at work yesterday, and must say I'm fairly impressed with the more subtle graphic changes but mainly the SkyDrive integration across all programs, whereas before it was only integrated with OneNote.

I'm slowly coming to grips with it, not that there is a huge difference apart from the integration Skydrive et al..

I am not sure what you find spam like in any of the previous posts, but......
The site has a method in place to report posts if you choose to do so.
The small triangle at the bottom left of each post allows members to report questionable posts and it is not necessary to do so in-line with a supplemental post of your own.
Regards
Randy

Randy, Thank you! I realize this and did report the posts, but for any new members that came in before the offending posts was deleted I wanted them to know not to click on the spam. I figured I could go back and remove my posts about the spam if the Moderator did not do so for me.

Is there an advantage to Microsoft Office 2013 vs the 2010 version? I need to get it for WORD and EXCEL (the 2010 version is cheaper). I do not have a touch screen, but do have WIN8. THANKS! (Hope I have put this in the right THREAD?)

For me personally, I don't like the look of office 2013 and will continue to use office 2010. If it were me, I go with the cheaper version, but that's just me.

Is there an advantage to Microsoft Office 2013 vs the 2010 version? I need to get it for WORD and EXCEL (the 2010 version is cheaper). I do not have a touch screen, but do have WIN8. THANKS! (Hope I have put this in the right THREAD?)
besides the metro interface, it had close SkyDrive integration which is great for having your documents available anywhere. It's not a lot different than office 2010 otherwise.

Your post, Mitchell, and the "metro" reference got me going. Has there been a major update to office 2013. I am using it, but it has no Metro associations. I read on the web non specific hints regarding a touch surface, including keyboard, but it is not on the edition I have??

I went to the site and was going to give it a try myself, but all I see is the office 365. So where is the trial for just the office suites, like in offfice 2010 when you wanted to test them out.

The link in the op is nearly a year old, Bassfisher. Maybe things have changed?

The preview expired 60 days after the new version of Office 2013 was released. (29th Jan 2013)

Thanks Dave and Kemical....well that just sucks..I'll keep using Libre Office 4.0 on my laptop and continue using Office 2010 on my desktop.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good reading if you browse. What I read was that OO is no longer supported. I don't see that as a problem. But the better news is that Libre has taken over the rights for OO and is supporting it.

The preview expired 60 days after the new version of Office 2013 was released. (29th Jan 2013)
Still I haven't purchased new version but eager to know about its features. I am unfortunate in not having consumer preview copy from Microsoft Office.

Back
Top Bottom