Windows 7 Microsoft to make releases more often

Matt

I just found this:

http://www.trustedreviews.com/pcs/news/2007/02/12/Microsoft-Windows-Vienna-Coming-2009/p1

He went on to say the monstrous five year gap from XP to Vista had also changed Microsoft strategies for producing operating systems. “We realized that there were incremental things that we wanted to do, and significant improvements that we wanted to make in Vista that we couldn't deliver in one release," he explained saying that a shift to a more Apple-like incremental OS update system is on the horizon.

Looks like we should get our pocket books ready for spending $200 on Windows in the near future. :p

But then again, I think this is good in a way, as we should be seeing more features coming.

Well, i think that this release rate is great, because it just about fits the timespan where i buy a new laptop. About every two years, that way i can still get some decent money for the old one.

Shoulds good to me also. Because I mean, many people don't keep their PC for more a couple of years. The only thing about it is that say your building a custom system, that the cost is separate, so you would have to pay more.

But every year is a bit too frequent. Though then again, nobody forces you to buy the latest version.

Back
Top Bottom