Windows 10 Microsoft's Windows 10 S Joke of the Year !!!!!!

This belongs in a different forum (Hey! I just moved it!) But with that being said, no I agree. It looks like they are moving away from Windows 10 S by just allowing you to disable it and its basically the same as Windows 10. Why anyone on this planet would use it is beyond me. You might as well just lockdown the system and reset it on restart if you're going to go the Internet-cafe route. The software for which is already readily available. I find the Windows Store to be... unfortunately... mostly useless. And this uselessness will move straight to Windows 10 if they continue to tie software applications to their store. Really, I am quite happy with the way Windows has operated, you know, with the ability for people to buy physical software (whether via a floppy drive, CD-ROM drive, USB stick) or downloaded over a web browser/download client for decades. Can't wait to never buy anything on the Windows Store for the forseeable future. Hell, I even bought Microsoft Office, and that was through Microsoft.com, and not "The Store". Although I did eventually get the "download" from "The Store", I find little value in it myself.

Hi Guys

Why in the world would anyone want a OS that can't run any software?
This seems like complete lunacy, none of the apps available in the app store work as well as 3rd party software as far as I've found.

I've tried many of them and then gone back to the software I was already using, Thunderbird, Chrome, Firefox, Winamp etc.
And what if you want to run Photoshop, or games that aren't from Microsoft, or play DVDs etc.

I've been very disappointed with the Microsoft apps, they generally dumb everything down to the point that they are next to useless.

Mike

I answered a question on Quora from a poster who said they updated Windows 10 and when they got done all their software was gone and they can't reinstall any of it.

I asked if they had mistakenly installed Windows 10 S I'm waiting for an answer but that sounds to me like what happened.

Back
Top Bottom