This is my system:

win7 prof 64bit installed.
Motherboard: Asus P8H67
CPU Sockel: LGA1155
RAM: 8 GB
Intel-RAID-Controller
RAID1 configured with two 2TB HDDs
Single 2TB HDD (or additional backups)
The Win Instalation resides on a RAID1 partition (100GB).
My new SSD ist a Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB

The issue:

I prepared the SSD drive with alignment=1024, whole SSD as 1 primary partition formated as NTFS.
I used clonezilla to create a system image (.iso) onto my third hdd.
Then I restored this image onto the SSD drive and tried to reboot selecting the SSD drive as a boot device from the bios (RAID1 HDDs were also connected).

Then the message "Windows starting" showed up (from where?) and a blue screen or a few msecs and a subsequent reboot.

When I try to boot from the RAID (with SSD connected) the same symptom.
Booting from RAID with the SSD disconnected works fine.
Trying to boot from SSD with the RAID disconnected I get following message:

"Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in boot device and press a key".

Could this mean the MBR is missing?
And if so, is it really necessary when selecting that drive from the bios as boot device?

I hope I didn't forget anything important information.

Thanks or any help

Hi,

Issue resolved !

There just was missing the boot flag on the SSD device.

I booted with the (graphical) GParted-Live CD (V0.14.1-6-i486) and set the boot flag at the ssd device
(right click at the ssd device).
Just in case RAID devices were not yet attached since I had experienced problems with clonezilla when both ssd and raid1-devices were attached to the system (couldn't boot).

Then I started (still without raid hdds connected) and windows first performed a chkdsk and then rebooted successfully.
Next step was to remove the boot flag from the raid hdd (GParted).
After the next start I first had to enable the raid disk within the disk management
(Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Administrative Tools) and to correct the drive letters

Back
Top Bottom