Windows 7 Migration to Windows 7 Pro 64bit from XP Pro 32bit

imk

So after some days of playing around with Windows 7 I feel that it would be worth while building my new systems on Windows 7 rather than XP pro again.

So a little advice on which way to go would be a great help please.

Now I am a software developer that uses a lot of 32bit applications including MS Vis C++, MicroChips dev tools (MPLab) , ARM7 Dev tools, Office 2003 etc. Plus many many other 32bit applications that I know the original developers of these are never going to upgrade them to Windows 7 64 bit and these are vitally important to my business they must run in XP 32 bit compatibility mode.

The other software that I make great us of is Outlook Xpress, hence I have over 100 folders of DBX’s email files that I need to migrate/copy and have access to in Windows 7.

So the what to do question please?

Should I install XP Pro and all my 32bit apps and then do an upgrade to Window7 64bit and would this solution give me access to XP’s Outlook Xpress.

Or Should I do a clean install of Windows 7 Pro 64bit bit and than install all my 32bit applications and use Outlook from the MS 2003 office suit I have for my emails.

NB all my data files are on another drive (plus a backup drive) so they would not be affect by either solution.

Many thanks in advance IMK

A new PC with Windows 7 Professional is loaded with features to help make you more productive. For more information, please visit Link Removed due to 404 Error. To become more familiar with Windows 7 Professional, take a test drive at bit.ly/Win7ProTestDrive

Back