Windows 10 Missing extracted file from rar in temp folder

Status
Not open for further replies.

jason chan

Please bear with my long writing,
So, i downloaded a zip file, click 'extract here' in the Downloads folder. The folder is extracted in it.

Inside the folder, there are part 1-30 .rar files. I enter the part 1 .rar file and then enter another folder inside the part 1 .rar file.

Here, I double clicked on an .exe file and open a game.

On the following days, i can only find the .exe file through C: -> Users -> USER-> AppData -> Local -> Temp -> Rar$Exa(some number).

I can play the game for about two days but today when i tried again to use the same path to open the game, i can't find the Rar$Exa folder as it is usually on top of the file list.

SO, i scroll down to find that there are actually several Rar$Exa file, each with different number at the end.

I don't know which one is the one i'm looking for so i enter each and find that the same .exe file exist in some of them, while it didn't exist on some.

I tried entering the game by double clicking the .exe file but nothing pops up(the game doesn't start). It is the SAME for the other Rar$Exa file.

THEN, i restart the pc, AFTER THAT, when i go through the same path, all the Rar$Exa DISAPPEARED! WHY!?

I don' suspect winrar deleting them automatically as i ticked 'never' in the option menu. SO WHY? and can i recover them again? I don't want to restart playing the game!! OR perhaps i use the wrong method to extract?

PLS HELP me!!! sorry if this was too long...

Sounds like it was zipped twice. You will probably want to extract the rar part files and then extract again using winrar for this to reassemble everything. 7 Zip should be able to handle it as well.

Sounds like it was zipped twice. You will probably want to extract the rar part files and then extract again using winrar for this to reassemble everything. 7 Zip should be able to handle it as well.
sorry, the point is that will doing that recover the exactly same Rar$Exa file as before? as the game is saved so i think extracting again will probably start a new game... Also, what exactly did i do to cause this disappearing files problem? thx

They are probably temp locations Winrar uses and they auto remove after extraction.

Well it's on steam so why are you extracting it from rar files? I'm guessing you torrented the game so will be closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back