Missing Microsoft Windows service.

Russell

Attention: windowsForum members:
Included in this posting are six Paint 3D tempsnip image files ( below ) for your consideration. First, we have:
tempsnip_IIS_start_1.png

This one shows the error message I receive when I attempt to start one of my web pages in the Internet Information Services ( IIS ) Manager 10 ( in Microsoft Windows 10 ) web server. Then, we have:
tempsnip_IIS_start_1a.png

This one shows the command to type in the Microsoft Windows command prompt ( in elevated mode, i.e., run as administrator ) to start the "W3SVC" service ( this information was found by doing an Internet search ). Then, we have:
tempsnip_IIS_start_2.png

This one shows the error message I receive when I type the command given in the previous image file. Then, we have:
tempsnip_IIS_start_3.png

This one shows the procedure for starting a Microsoft Windows service which has dependencies ( this information was also found by doing an Internet search ). Then, we have:
tempsnip_IIS_start_4.png

This one shows one of the dependencies for the Microsoft Windows 10 ( Home ) Edition "World Wide Web Publishing Service" service. Then, we have:
tempsnip_IIS_start_5.png

This one shows that there is no "HTTP Service" service, as required in the previous image file. If there is no "HTTP Service" service, then how am I supposed to start the "World Wide Web Publishing Service" ( W3SVC ) service, so that I can restart my IIS web pages? Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Thank you ( see Colossians 3:15, for example ) for your help and your patience. Keep in touch. :)

Sincerely in Christ,
Russell E. Willis
P.S. - Please read Proverbs 23:23.
Holy_Bible_RSV_2_crop (136x100).JPG

"23 Buy truth, and do not sell it; buy wisdom, instruction, and understanding."
[ Proverbs 23:23; RSV ]

Russell E. Willis
3559 Almanac Road
Tallahassee, Florida, U.S.A. 32309

"HTTP Service" isn't really a service and won't show in services.msc

If you look in the registry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\HTTP you will likely see a value called Type and it should be set to 1 which means it's a kernel driver.

I would try re-installing IIS

The Internet Information Services ( IIS ) Manager 10 ( in Microsoft Windows 10 ) web server has just be uninstalled and reinstalled. The following two Paint 3D tempsnip image files are included below for your consideration. First, we have:
tempsnip_IIS_connect_1.png

This one shows that I receive a login dialog box, now, when I launch the IIS web server. Then, we have:
tempsnip_IIS_connect_2.png

This one shows the error message I receive when I use my "hotmail.com" login credentials to try to login to IIS. How is this problem solved? Thank you ( see Colossians 3:15, for example ) for your help and your patience. Keep in touch. :)

Sincerely in Christ,
Russell E. Willis
P.S. - Please read Proverbs 23:23.
Holy_Bible_RSV_2_crop (136x100).JPG

"23 Buy truth, and do not sell it; buy wisdom, instruction, and understanding."
[ Proverbs 23:23; RSV ]

Russell E. Willis
3559 Almanac Road
Tallahassee, Florida, U.S.A. 32309

Why are you trying to authenticate to localhost? It doesn't serve any purpose. Can you provide more details as to what you're trying to achieve?

Back