Windows 7 MMoRpg on 7

Kubira

Yeah im playin an mmo on windows 7. I have dual os (xp pro). The same client runs on both os's.

My issue is, the game runs better on XP, idk why but it does, and this annoys me.

Also there are 'instances' in the game, which are inaccessible in windows 7, They load quiksmart in XP pro tho.

I have the latest drivers and updates.

In order to troubleshoot your problem we need to know more detailed specs of your system hardware.

1. Go to Start > Run, and type msinfo32. then expand the Conmponents tree and choose a device
2. Go to Control Panel > Device Manager and look for any entry that has a yellow flag beside it.
3. Download System Information Viwer
4. Download PC WIZARD 2008
5 Please fill out your computers specs in the User Control Panel here on the site as well. It will then appear next to your name. look at my posting and you'll see the drop-down arrow.

I have no idea what mmo is either. Please don't use abbreviations as not all of us are familiar with all applications.

Kubira: Aero (the desktop effects graphics engine that makes your taskbar transparent and all that) sucks up power from your video card. If you're noticing problems with gaming, right click on your desktop and click personalize. First click "save theme" and name your current theme so that you can quickly switch back to how you currently have your system set up. Then scroll down to "Basic and High Contrast Themes" -- select Windows 7 Basic to turn Aero off. When you're done playing your game, click on the theme you saved at the beginning again to turn Aero back on. On my system I get around a 15% increase in frame rates while gaming when I do this.

reghakr: MMO stands for Massively Multiplayer Online (normally applied to Role-playing games (rpg) to form MMORPG...games such as World of Warcraft or Everquest), and I would figure that the vast majority of people would know what it stands for. I'm not insulting you or anything, I'm just saying that among computer nerds, it's a pretty commonly used term, so I don't think Kubira was using a term most people wouldn't understand.

Sorry, but I am no game player, never have, never will be.:)

I'm a power user, not a Gamer

Have you tried the links to properly identify your video card and what drivers it's using?

the game is dragon sky, and there are these schools u can enter(instance).. There may have been issues client side, as it is closed beta atm, and yeah, yadda yadda yadda

seems i can goto the school instance now anyway, so something may have changed client side perhaps

reghakr, gee whizz, that looks like a lotta work :razz:, as the problem has subsided, ill just give u some specs anyways.
p4(3.2), asus 9500gt, 2 gig 667, 160gHD.
Its relatively crap, my hi end notebook sht a gpu, so this has to suffice fttb

I am a heavy gamer as well as a power user.. I'm currently running Guild Wars with all expansions on Windows 7 and have had no problems at all.. I find it very odd that your having those types of problems.. that sounds like a botched install to me.. ;)

Back