Windows 7 modifying driver inf file to work on windows 7?

HAWKIND

I recently installed windows 7 in dual boot with my windows 10.I got most of devices working by wasting a few hours.But i can't get display driver working.When doing manual instllation through device manager,on clicking on inf file it shows the folder you specified doesn't contain a compatible software driver for your device. if the folder contains a driver, make sure it is designed to work with Windows for x64-based systems .If i do it on windows 10 device manager it works fine so i guess amd has designed inf file to work only on windows 10.So is there anyway i can modify inf file to make it work in windows 7? My graphics card is AMD Radeon(TM) Vega 8 Graphics. Here is link to inf file- oem65.inf

Theres no guarantee it will work, but you can try copying everything under the ATI.Mfg.NTamd64.10.0.1 section to the ATI.Mfg. NTamd64.6.1.1 section

Theres no guarantee it will work, but you can try copying everything under the ATI.Mfg.NTamd64.10.0.1 section to the ATI.Mfg. NTamd64.6.1.1 section
so i tried your method and got the driver installed,When I rebooted it showed This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31) in device manager.when i checked driver details on my windows 10 it showed following file:
Screenshot (88).png

But when i do it in windows 7 i see the following files (all files which is in driver folder):
Screenshot (89).png

I could not give windows 7 ss because i am not able to capture it so any suggestion on how to get it working?

Back
Top Bottom