Windows 10 monitor colors; Yellow looks green

tck444

Tried substitution check with different monitor. Changed all cables. Installed new video card.

Tried Windows calibration and color management. Problem still exists.

HP Envy , Windows 10

Comments, suggestions welcome !

Thanks,

I uninstalled last few new programs added, also installed latest driver from Windows update and AMD . However, no change in display colors.

Again swapped monitores and issue remains with any cable I tried; HDMI, DVI, PC.

I would consider a full Windows recovery, but if this is caused by a hardware issue seems the problem would still exist ?

Color tinting on a monitor is generally a hardware problem or a improperly seated cable. This is really common with VGA connectors since pairs control RGB aspects and the + and - pins are on opposite sides so a skewed cable would result in the lose of one or two of the three colors. The connector on the monitor could also be damaged resulting in the same issue.

Booted to BIOS to run "Palette Check" Passed test. Screen showing gradients of RGB. But no way to specifically check yellow.

Problem persists using 2 different monitors, 2 video cards and 3 different cable connections

Still considering full recovery, but if the problem is a result of a Win !0 update then I am back in the same situation later ??

Uninstall the gpu drivers, get the utility DDU and boot to safe mode to remove any remnants, then reinstall the gpu drtivers. If there are drivers for the monitor install them too.

I ran the DDU utility 3 times without any improvements in colors. Also found tha AMD driver utility but negative results also.

Other suggestions welcome ?

Have you considered the "Filters" They should not have altered from the defaults, but thing happen with Microsoft/Windows 10 updates
Settings -Ease of access (Dumb place to put them!) - Colour Filters.-

You certainly have tried resetting the monitor to factory defaults?
And you have tried resetting all parameters back to factory defaults in screen graphics and or configuration settings?
Of course, stupid question, but you never know, it might be some gamma correction out of range.....
Has this happend suddenly or after an install or something else?
Can you try the monitor on an other system?

Have you considered the "Filters" They should not have altered from the defaults, but thing happen with Microsoft/Windows 10 updates
Settings -Ease of access (Dumb place to put them!) - Colour Filters.-

Color Filters !

Thanks for the tip. I changed the color filter settings to a different setting and display is normal now. Perhaps this setting was changed during a recent install ??

Thanks All !

Back