Windows 7 Monitor goes Black

triggzz

Hi guys wondering if anyone can help me i have...

CTX F694L monitor
Asus Striker Extreme
4GB
Intel Quad
Nvidia 8800GTX

I have installed Vista Ultimate which when swimmingly however when i go to instal the latest Nvidia drivers my screen goes into log in mode which i type in my pass word and within 10 secs of logging in the screen goes black and the monitor switches off but the comouter is still running. Any idea how i can sort this problem out?

THanks

Do you have any video cables connected to your television or something? Sometimes that will mess things up. Is it doing it right now? Looping? You know you can always roll it back to the way it was before. System Restore. Maybe it's a software incompatibility..

Hi guys wondering if anyone can help me i have...

CTX F694L monitor
Asus Striker Extreme
4GB
Intel Quad
Nvidia 8800GTX

I have installed Vista Ultimate which when swimmingly however when i go to instal the latest Nvidia drivers my screen goes into log in mode which i type in my pass word and within 10 secs of logging in the screen goes black and the monitor switches off but the comouter is still running. Any idea how i can sort this problem out?

THanks

Try starting up in 'safe-mode' (press F8 when booting) and then remove the driver. You could either try to install the driver again or try a different version.

Hi guys thanks for your response. I have sorted it out by using older drivers for the card. New problem with monitor when playing games is that i get a box come up and says it has to be within a certain 1050 - 1600 x 75 Hz which it is below that so a bit confused if anyone can help, I have loaded the driver for my monitor and done auto tune etc on the monitor but still no joy, however when i put my desktop into 800 x 600 i can et into the game and change the resolution size which is great but the deskyop as you can imagine is very LARGE!

I tried to google your moniter and got no reply's! (apart from refernce to this thread)

Can you supply more info concerning your moniter...

Thanks

Back