Windows 7 motherboard changed Windows 7 license invalid

gidf

I put a new motherboard with faster processor using same HD with Win 7 on. Win 7 did not boot up, no problem as I figured the drivers from the old board didn't work with the new, so I reinstalled Win 7 again and no problem until it went to validate the license and it says my license is invalid now. Does anyone know what's up. You can't believe how pissed I am and ready to go back to XP.:mad: Oh, also forgot to mention I called the windows support that the pop up said to use. After waiting 45 minutes I got a real person and told him the problem, he put me on hold for another 5 minutes then came back and said that I have to go through the windows licensing group. I asked him if I will get a real person and he said yes. I got connected and it was a computer generated message and asked if I had Windows XP!, I said no, then it asked if I had some kind of servers and other hardware I never heard of, no Windows 7 ever came up so I just hung up, what a bunch of slim bags and I paid $150 for Windows 7 home premium and can't even install it on one computer.:mad:

Last edited:
help

speak to Microsoft and tell them you upgraded your board when you install 7 windows new anti piracy system is in place they copy your board details so you cant take the key to another pc:eek: the chip has a unique code

I put a new motherboard with faster processor using same HD with Win 7 on. Win 7 did not boot up, no problem as I figured the drivers from the old board didn't work with the new, so I reinstalled Win 7 again and no problem until it went to validate the license and it says my license is invalid now. Does anyone know what's up. You can't believe how pissed I am and ready to go back to XP.:mad: Oh, also forgot to mention I called the windows support that the pop up said to use. After waiting 45 minutes I got a real person and told him the problem, he put me on hold for another 5 minutes then came back and said that I have to go through the windows licensing group. I asked him if I will get a real person and he said yes. I got connected and it was a computer generated message and asked if I had Windows XP!, I said no, then it asked if I had some kind of servers and other hardware I never heard of, no Windows 7 ever came up so I just hung up, what a bunch of slim bags and I paid $150 for Windows 7 home premium and can't even install it on one computer.:mad:
Thats right if you call the number MS has for validation explain what you did they will give a new code on the phone to install

help

umm well i can understand your pissed but you will have to try again my friend:confused:

I called them

In my post I stated I already called them and they didn't have the foggiest idea what I was talking about so he put me through the Windows validation dept. or whatever and I got a computer that asked if I was using XP and I said no then rambeled on other servers, etc. that I didn't know what the computer was talking about. There was no Windows 7 selection. I wasted 45 minutes of my phone time. To repeat, I called them, the person didn't know anything and put me to a computer that was for something totally different. I called the same number on the pop up menu when it checks for a valid license, same number. The license is for one computer and I can't use it on one computer so I think a class action law suit is in order, if not already started.

Back
Top Bottom