Windows 7 Mouse Middle Button Problem

Aran Taylor

Hi,

My mouse middle button is driving me nuts.

I use the middle button mainly to open a link into a new tab on firefox and some other uses as well.
I know it seems minor but when im opening up to 10-20 tabs it gets annoying.

Basically when i use the button to open a new tab it has a 50-50 chance of opening that tab 2-5 times.

Again, it does seem sort of lazy as i can just right click the link etc but a fix would be great.

Thanks for any help provided and thanks for your time.

(I can imagine it is purely the mouse fault as this has happened on my old vista laptop as well)

Hi Aran,
sorry your post must have been missed somehow.. Could you post what type/make of mouse it is?

Have you tried launching your Firefox browser Safe mode to see if an extension is causing this problem?

I don't have one atm hence trying to find any solution to it. I'll try the safe mode and see what happens thanks.

I checked the manufacturers web site which no drivers were needed for vista so I assume it's the same for 7? You could try a different USB port or even the PS/2 port if you have an adapter..

Will have to seek a new one then. The brand is fine tbh, the mouse is several years old.

Do you have the middle click issue in other programs besides Firefox?

I'll try the safe mode and see what happens thanks.

Just to clarify in a case, it's the Firefox shortcut called "Mozilla Firefox (Safe Mode)."

Back
Top Bottom