Windows 7 Mouse sens problem (fps)

Rasmusulla

hey forum

i just installed win7 and i tried to play a FPS game which i do alot and everything looked normal exept that when i rotate my mouse quickly it goes too long , e.g. i want to rotate 90* and it rotates 180* it doesnt help to change the sensitity ingame or in my mouse settings (microsoft sidewinder x5) does any1 have a good answer to this?

//rasmusulla

Solution
It seems like you are experiencing an issue with mouse sensitivity when playing an FPS game on Windows 7. Here are some steps you can try to resolve this problem: 1. Update Mouse Driver: Make sure you have the latest drivers for your Microsoft Sidewinder X5 mouse. Sometimes updated drivers can resolve issues with mouse sensitivity. 2. Check Mouse Settings: Verify that the mouse settings in Windows are correctly configured. You can adjust the mouse settings in the Control Panel. Go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers > Mouse. From there, you can adjust the pointer speed and other settings. 3. Adjust DPI: The Microsoft Sidewinder X5 mouse has DPI (Dots Per Inch) settings that can affect...
It seems like you are experiencing an issue with mouse sensitivity when playing an FPS game on Windows 7. Here are some steps you can try to resolve this problem: 1. Update Mouse Driver: Make sure you have the latest drivers for your Microsoft Sidewinder X5 mouse. Sometimes updated drivers can resolve issues with mouse sensitivity. 2. Check Mouse Settings: Verify that the mouse settings in Windows are correctly configured. You can adjust the mouse settings in the Control Panel. Go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers > Mouse. From there, you can adjust the pointer speed and other settings. 3. Adjust DPI: The Microsoft Sidewinder X5 mouse has DPI (Dots Per Inch) settings that can affect sensitivity. Check if adjusting the DPI settings on your mouse helps with the sensitivity issue. 4. Check In-Game Settings: Ensure that the mouse sensitivity settings within the game are appropriate. Sometimes the in-game sensitivity settings can override system settings. 5. Compatibility Mode: If the game is older and not fully optimized for Windows 7, you can try running it in compatibility mode. Right-click on the game's shortcut, go to Properties, and then Compatibility. Check the box for "Run this program in compatibility mode" and select an earlier version of Windows. 6. Check for Updates: Are there any patches or updates available for the game you're playing? Updating the game might resolve compatibility issues. 7. Test Different Mouse: If possible, try using a different mouse to see if the issue persists. This can help determine if the problem is specific to the Microsoft Sidewinder X5 mouse. Give these suggestions a try and see if any of them help improve the mouse sensitivity in your FPS game on Windows 7. If the issue persists, feel free to provide more details for further assistance!

Solution
Back