Windows 10 MS Store won't open

larryo

I have the MS Store icon (shopping Bag) on my taskbar and the tile in the start menu. When I try to open either I get the blue screen with the shopping bag in center then the screen goes turns to white and nothing else happens. The bar across top has the word "store" on the left and the usual minimize, close, etc icons on right but nothing else is displayed.
Edge works just fine and if I go to store that way when I click "Get Program" it does the same thing as above when it opens the program. I don't know why it would open the store that way when I am already logged into the store through Edge.
I ran DISM /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth and DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and sfc /scannow with no results. I haven't used it for quite time so I don't know exactly when it stopped working.

Hi,
try running an sfc scan first then the dism scan:
File scans
Right click on the Start menu icon and from the revealed list choose 'admin command prompt'. Type:
sfc /scannow
press enter and await results

In the same command prompt and after the above scan has finished type:
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Press enter and await results (longer this time).

Or

Try running the troubleshooter from Microsoft. This will reset the Store cache:
Solution Details

Hi,
try running an sfc scan first then the dism scan:
File scans
Right click on the Start menu icon and from the revealed list choose 'admin command prompt'. Type:
sfc /scannow
press enter and await results

In the same command prompt and after the above scan has finished type:
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Press enter and await results (longer this time).

Or

Try running the troubleshooter from Microsoft. This will reset the Store cache:
Solution Details
RESOLVED
Talk about weird electronics. I ran the programs in the order I listed in my original message and found no problems, rebooted and it still did not work. Then I ran the same programs in the order you listed found no problems, rebooted and lo and behold it started working. I did not run the trouble shooter from MS. Amazing mysteries and the unexplained <G>

It could be that the sfc scan repaired something but in any case glad to hear your issue is resolved.

Back
Top Bottom