Windows 10 Multiple BSOD on new computer build

Thomas Brooks

Hello, I am currently installing the W7F application, so I haven't gotten a dump file yet. But I was wondering if someone could point me in a possible direction of what the problem could be before I get my next BSOD. I have receive multiple BSOD's since building this computer with the errors including:

- FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE (on startup before signing in)
- ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY (on startup before signing in)
- KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE (on startup before signing in)
- SYSTEM_THREAD_(something)_NOT_HANDLED
- MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

Most of the bottom ones don't occur as often as they used too. I did a reinstall and I mainly only see the top one now. From all these different errors I believe that it probably is a hardware issue, but not sure where to start or how to test properly.

COMP INFO:

CPU: Intel i5 6500
MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte H110M-A
RAM: 1 8GB 3200 MHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960

As Neem's rightly say's your best testing the RAM.
Windows does have a memory testing app but it can miss errors and the best app for the job is Memtest86.
If you open the link below you'll see you can run Memtest86 in two ways. You can either burn it to disk or install it onto a USB drive it's entirely up to you. You'll then need to enter the bios to change the boot order so you can boot from either the Disk or USB stick you have Memtest86 on.
You must test for at least 12 hours unless it becomes obvious there is a problem straight away.
Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

Hello there! I just ran into another blue screen. Critical Process Died. I was able to run the program and I will attach the necessary files. I didn't get to run mem test for the full time, but I did about 5 sweeps with no results. Any help would be much appreciated.

EDIT: I accidentally didn't finish the program completely. I am uploading the complete dump now.

Attachments

• W7F_09-09-2016.zip
    995.8 KB · Views: 375
Would you grab cpu-z and post screenshots of each tab please. I'm interesting on seeing how your memory is configured and it's timings.

If you still want the screenshots I can provide. Although they had an export to txt form.

Attachments

• DESKTOP-L9G20DQ.txt
    45.8 KB · Views: 360
Are you using a XMP profile? Not sure how they're actually numbered in your bios but could you select profile 14 if available and double check the vdimm is being set to 1.2v please.

Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1A, {41201, fffff68115e38380, a9f00001e5656867, ffffe00014e67650}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+362b7 )

Followup:     MachineOwner
Hi,
as you can see it's a bugcheck 1A which means a severe memory management issue occurred. This can point to faulty RAM but can also be caused by drivers and indeed the subtype of your bugcheck leads me to believe it's possibly software/driver related.

I had a quick look though your driver stack and two drivers popped up straight away as possible culprits:
ElcMouLFlt.sys Tue Oct 5 00:30:57 2010: Kaspersky Lower Mouse Device Filter driver
ElcMouUFlt.sys Tue Nov 30 05:42:46 2010: Kaspersky Upper Mouse Device Filter driver
Kaspersky Personal & Family Security Software
These drivers are simply too old for Windows 10 and need updating if only to rule them out of the equation.

If that doesn't catch it then you could try using the driver verifier but see how you go

Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1A, {41201, fffff68115e38380, a9f00001e5656867, ffffe00014e67650}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+362b7 )

Followup:     MachineOwner
Hi,
as you can see it's a bugcheck 1A which means a severe memory management issue occurred. This can point to faulty RAM but can also be caused by drivers and indeed the subtype of your bugcheck leads me to believe it's possibly software/driver related.

I had a quick look though your driver stack and two drivers popped up straight away as possible culprits:
ElcMouLFlt.sys Tue Oct 5 00:30:57 2010: Kaspersky Lower Mouse Device Filter driver
ElcMouUFlt.sys Tue Nov 30 05:42:46 2010: Kaspersky Upper Mouse Device Filter driver
Kaspersky Personal & Family Security Software
These drivers are simply too old for Windows 10 and need updating if only to rule them out of the equation.

If that doesn't catch it then you could try using the driver verifier but see how you go
How can I have Kaspersky drivers if this computer is basically empty? I never installed it.

And if what you say is true, they are ELCOM mouse drivers and they are up to date. And would two mouse drivers really cause over 7 different BSOD's?

Last edited:
Are you using a XMP profile? Not sure how they're actually numbered in your bios but could you select profile 14 if available and double check the vdimm is being set to 1.2v please.
I don't think I am using a XMP profile and I'm not sure how to get to profile 14. However I did check and it is correctly set to 1.2v

If you can find XMP I'd try to enable it. I've found it helps more times than not.

If you can find XMP I'd try to enable it. I've found it helps more times than not.
Thanks for the input. I went into an area that said XMP profiles, but there was no explicit option to enable XMP like I've seen before. There was an option that I set to have memory go into "Enhanced Performance" which I believe that is the same thing.

I'll see how this runs for now, I'll be back if I run into any problems. Are you sure this couldn't be another hardware issue? I feel like it might be a wonky motherboard, or possibly I could put the RAM into a different slot?

How can I have Kaspersky drivers if this computer is basically empty? I never installed it.

Well they are there alright. Here's a screenshot of your driver stack:
drivers.JPG

And if what you say is true, they are ELCOM mouse drivers and they are up to date. And would two mouse drivers really cause over 7 different BSOD's?
In my experience it's best not to assume anything when it comes to dump files.

You asked a question and i answered. The dump file doesn't lie and neither do I.

Oh and by the way your RAM is running at 1.2v with EMP enabled:
Manufacturer (ID) Crucial Technology (7F7F7F7F7F9B00000000)
Size 8192 MBytes
Max bandwidth DDR4-2400 (1200 MHz)
Part number BLS8G4D240FSA.16FA
Serial number A70C7AE9
Nominal Voltage 1.20 Volts
EPP no
XMP yes

Back
Top Bottom