Windows 10 Multiple different BSOD

I can see the list of current voltages, but I'm still not sure which to change - is it the Dynamic Vcore and DRAM Voltage? Weary of trying stuff with voltages when i dont know what im doing!

Also do I have to save and restart before the changes take effect?

Which memory slots are you using on the board? I had a similar problem. If they're in 2 and 4, try them in 1 and 3. Oddly that was a gigabyte board too

I've tried single DIMMs and as a pair. I can't actually access slot 4 cos of the CPU cooler, but figure the singles test in both slots covers it. I feel like I've tried everything I can with what I have, so I'm going to RMA the RAM, CPU and mobo for a second time, but this time insist they test them together - sounds like last time they just stress tested them all separately.

Thanks for the help though, appreciated!

For closure, given I've taken up your time with this:

I think I solved the problem, though it's rather embarrassing. The first mobo, that got RMA'd, had this track damage, down by the gfx PCI slot. Well I took out the new board today and found almost identical (but note not identical - its not the same board that got mixed up somehow) scratch.

Can't be sure, but logical explanation is that somehow, after decades of doing this, I've suddenly developed some very sloppy technique for putting in the gfx card that was causing damage. If it is these scratches then its still a bit mysterious, because it took couple of weeks first time for problem to emerge, but second time was immediate. Also that i managed to twice do hardware damage that produced identical software errors is pretty impressive, in a Full Retard kind of way. And that I did all this with no sense at the time that I'd screwed up - not like I dropped a screw driver on the board and knew the impact had happened.

But its fits the facts I have so... Have ordered a new Asus board now, so if it does work will never know for absolutely certain it was the scratches, but will assume so. And rethink how I'm putting in gfx cards!

As long as you get a working system that really all that matter. Now though I'm wondering how you'd damage a motherboard installing a gpu?

From the look of the scratch its the steel backplate of the card that has caught the board by not aligning it properly before lowering it in. Seems mad I did that twice, but more likely than ghosts...

A long shot, but could you try to look at the "View Reliability history"
That will show if there are any errors noted around the points in time that your computer has shown it´s errors....

Back
Top Bottom