Windows 7 My computer is rather fond of the blue screen of death

No luck, it registered that you could update with that file.. it cancelled the previous flash, wrote the new flash.. yet I checked my CPU-z and no change.

I can understand the poor assistance thing, I emailed the company I got this computer from about changing the language, and they said it's not possible I have to get a new operating system... idiots

I've come to the conclusion computers hate me for no reason. I'm thinking about wiping the computer clean and starting again with a new copy of windows 7 a friend has. and installing everything again. Or is that not going to help in any way?

Looking at your last dump, your ATI drivers are fairly old. Can you update them to the latest available at Raid. Frag. Dominate your games. | GAME.AMD.COM and do some testing with them. Uninstall the old driver using catalyst Install manager from programs and features. Reboot and then install the new ones.

Could you also run dxdiag and save off the info it collects and add it as an attachment please. I want this as you seem to be suffering for directx based bsods.

Last edited:
I've also noticed your network drivers are old and from 2009. You can get the latest from Link Removed - Invalid URL

sorry for no reply recently, I updated my windows 7 by installing oanother over the top so that it's fully english and not a trial... tjhen my internet went kinda bust.

Currently going through all the updates again then I'll post a dxdig for you, thanks :)

Well I emailed the source of the computer (shinobee) and they have emailed back with this:

"Dear Mr. Hopps,

sorry that you had so much trouble with the computer. The productdescription clearly indicated a German trial for testing purposes
however you had to switch it with a full version which you did.

Regarding the bluescreens we think that one of the memory sticks are faulty. Could you test the computer with one memory stick at
the time?

Best Regards,
shinobee Customer Service"

But when they say memory sticks, I'm just thinking USB memory stick? And i'm sure that's the wrong interpretation :)

They mean the memory in the computer. Remove one and run memtest86 on the remaining stick for at least 7 passes, do this for each slot. Then move on to the next stick and do the same. Will take awhile.

Yes literally. Once the side of the case is off, it isn't difficult to remove RAM, gently push the tabs either side and it'll just pop out

The company was spot on, using memtest 86 I disconvered one of my RAM memory sticks has 4000 errors.. no wait, now it's 5000... 6000... 7000

Okay it's managed to get to 16000 errors while I've been typing... I'll make another reply when I get total errors. I actually am finding this hilarious for some reason.

Back