Rose Flower

My computer randomly keeps restarting! I have replaced the power supply. I booted into Safe Mode it does the same thing. Also, I tried to do a system scan but my computer restarts before it can finish! Does anyone know any fixes please?

Hi,
do you get any blue screens or error codes when it restarts?

How long has it been happening and can you remember how it started? Like did you change or update anything?

Hi,
do you get any blue screens or error codes when it restarts?

How long has it been happening and can you remember how it started? Like did you change or update anything?
No it just restarts like someone is pressing the restart button! It just started a couple of days ago. I did not update or change anything!

Update BIOS
Windows Key + R then type “msinfo32” (without quotes
Once the System Information window opens locate BIOS Version/Date then note down the manufacturer and BIOS version
go to your manufacturer’s website and then I will enter my computer serial number or click on the auto detect option
Now from the list of drivers shown I will click on BIOS and will download the recommended update.
Once the file is downloaded, just double-click on the Exe file to run it
Finally, you have updated your BIOS and this may also Fix Computer restarts randomly on Windows 10 issue.

You mentioned that you ran a scan but machine rebooted before finish, what scan was it?

Yup it's worth checking things like your bios and see if it's the latest version but only try flashing the bios if your certain the system won't restart during the process as this can kill the mainboard.
If it's an Asus then you can use their method which doesn't involve having the system turned on otherwise I'd tread with caution.

Check cables are securly inserted and if you have a spare pwr cable try replacing it.

You could also try pulling a ram stick out and see if the issue continues. If it does, swap sticks and try again.

I did a System File Checker scan and it did find some corrupted files and I restarted but still have the issue. I also tried to do Kaspersky but it always restarts before it can finish and I was trying to do a DISM scan but it keeps restarting also so later I will try to that scan again. I replaced my power cable. I also made sure my ram was fine, but it still does it!

Can you post the make and model of your motherboard please as there may be a way of updating the bios outside of windows. My board for example can be updated whilst it's turned off and is much safer way of doing things..

Back
Top Bottom