Windows 10 My laptop shutdown when I put it to sleep

quanhui812

- My laptop just shutdown and leds stay off and dont recognize anything when I put it to sleep by close lid or use hotkey. Only if I hold the power button for few second and everything work again. Beside of this, everything else is fine. Help me guys !!

- My laptop just shutdown and leds stay off and dont recognize anything when I put it to sleep by close lid or use hotkey. Only if I hold the power button for few second and everything work again. Beside of this, everything else is fine. Help me guys !!

Method 1: I would suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter to adjust your computer's power settings, and check if it works properly.
Open the Power troubleshooter

Method 2: You may also try creating or changing power plan.

a. Open Power Options by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Security, and then clicking Power Options.

b. Under the current power plan, click Change plan settings.

c. On the Change settings for the plan page, click on Change advanced power settings.

d. Adjust the sleep options in advanced power settings and check.

Method 3: You can restore power setting to default by executing the command from an elevated command prompt.

Open the Command Prompt window by clicking the Start button, clicking All Programs, clicking Accessories, right click on Command Prompt, and then select Run as administrator. Type the following command in command prompt and press enter.

powercfg.exe -restoredefaultschemes

This does sound like a power issue. Does this happen immediately after you put it to sleep or later? Some laptops hibernate by default after sleeping for more than a couple hours.

Back