Windows 7 MY MoBo Died or I Killed it

03hdfatboy

Banned
Title pretty much says it all. If you have followed my "PSU died" thread you know what's going on.
After I got my new PSU installed, my PC acted strange, it would not post but I know that that MoBo has always been a PITA to post after a major hardware change so at first I didn't think much of it, but after I cleared RTC like I've had to do in the past it posted so I went into setup and made necessary changes and pressed F10 to save and exit...
Still no post :frown: I was like WTF :confused: so I done it again and finally got it to boot after clearing and pressing F2 to load defaults and continue with the XP hard drive plugged in it booted up and I ran XP but it was VERY unstable so I restarted hoping that a fresh restart would help but that was not it. So again I cleared RTC, and again and so forth continuously removing parts off MoBo looking for the defective hardware well I got down to the last stick of ram and 1 video card and had nothing left to take out so I started trying different sticks in different slots, still with no luck :frown: so I figured maybe the bios got disrupted when the PSU went to pot so I decided to try to restore or update it and it sat there for a long time and finally restarted and it NEVER posted again :(

Forgot to mention this is the 2nd ASUS P5WDH Deluxe I've had, the first one died and was replaced on 10-15-07 also but I didn't help that one:D Warranty went out on this one 4-27-08 :rolleyes:

Yup looks a great buy and I'm really glad you got things sorted even though your wallet is now a little lighter lol. So when will we see the rig up and running?

Yup looks a great buy and I'm really glad you got things sorted even though your wallet is now a little lighter LOL. So when will we see the rig up and running?
Just as soon as it comes in I'm going to call in to work Link Removed - Invalid URL and get busy building and should having running in a few hours. I don't plan on duel booting with XP this time. :rolleyes:

Carried over... Hope you don't mind :D
I fitted a another fan today.. The weather has suddenly decided to get really warm here in dear old blighty especially here in London. Anyway temps aren't too bad inside the machine (CPU 35c idle, 55c under load and ambient temperature is around 26c) just to be on the safe side though, I had a spare 120mm fan, so in it went..:cool: Again I'm using it as an exhaust and it has lowered temps by a couple of degrees especially on the southbridge. These modern graphic cards are so long nowadays that it's slightly covering the southbridge heatsink (it's a tight fit). If it was any longer my SATA ports would have been rendered useless as mine aren't the type that are oblique to the mobo. Something to watch out for in future builds...
Anyway, once again, good luck with the repairs.

How many fans are you running now?

I know what you mean about the long cards. Asus actually deleted one SATA on my old board because the VC wouldn't have fit otherwise, but they deleted the master not the slave and I thought that was kinda dumb :rolleyes:

Are you playing games very bad or something??? You must run it very hard. I'm afraid of that, with faster chips, I'll whiz through everything and burn my computer core to death. You are addicted to speed.................

The fan count has got up to six including graphics and CPU.. To answer Celestas question.. My rig plays games beautifully and was designed to do so (by me :cool:) the reason I have plenty of heat is because I'm running a 3.2GHz chip which are like little fan heaters! The thing is though not only does the chip run very warm but the northbridge does too but then again with 3.2GHz of information being funneled through it I'm not really surprised. Adding to all this heat is also the graphics card, an 8800 GTS 320, which is huge but runs fantastic (and one of the best cards I've ever owned)..
Addicted to speed you say... Hmmm well I chose the chip for power and longevity, even now it's still faster than many of the latest quad core offerings by AMD and I don't need to upgrade until the 45nm node.. Again same for the graphics although in a perfect world it could do with a tad more memory...
Just my 2cents...:D

Are you playing games very bad or something??? You must run it very hard. I'm afraid of that, with faster chips, I'll whiz through everything and burn my computer core to death. You are addicted to speed.................

OC to the death!!! Link Removed - Invalid URL

Sometimes the hard way lol... Mind you, if wasn't for the overclockers in this world then pc's would be pretty boring IMO

Check out the sound card setup on my new board. Don't know what it's gonna sound like but it looks cool and I'm gonna give it a shot :cool:
audiomax.jpg

Ordered one of these to go with my new MoBo..
Link Removed - Invalid URL
GURU CLOCK GC-03
ABIT's Guru Clock allows you to access and select system performance while playing games, listening music, browsing Internet or office applications in full screen without the need to stop or close the application you are running. Doesn't sound like anything to write home about? Well in addition, Guru Clock displays overclocking levels, hardware monitoring status, room temperature, debug code and warning notice, allows you to power on/off your PC, and even notifies you of new Skype/MSN/e-mail messages - all from its convenient LCD display. Now being an avid gamer myself, this is a very handy little addition to my ensemble and I enjoy it fully. So let me tell you all the tid bits...

It Supports Models: AW8D, AW8-MAX, AW8, AL8, AL8-V, NI8 SLi, NI8 SLi GR, AN8 32X, AT8 32X, AT8, and future ABIT Guru supported models.

And of course as always, a list of the great features:

-Large LCD screen (4.7cm)
-Guru link cable (1.5M)
-PC power on / off
-USB Extension Port
-LCD Backlight which is optional
-Room temperature
-MIC and Headphone support (2 Stereo Jack)

Link Removed - Invalid URL
Information logo indicator:

- Current time
- USB working
- Hardware Monitor warning
- MSN/E-mail
Guru functions indicator:

- FAN speed
- Temperature
- Voltage
- OC

VGA card OC indicator (Optional):

- VGA OC mode
- VGA OTES 2 FAN
- GPU FAN
- GPU Temp
- GPU core speed
- VRAM Voltage and core speed

Hard Button

-Power button: Power on/ off
-Menu: Select 1st level for Time/ Room temp/ FAN speed/ OC/ TEMP/ Voltage
-Select: OK and Enter function
-Messenger: Phone up/ off
-Skype/ MSN Private Call: Depend on utility
-Guru link connector x1 (Back side)
-USB Extension Port x 1
-MIC & Headset x 1 each (2 Stereo Jack)
-Buzzer on front side LCD Layout
-LCD Dimension: 68mm* 41mm
-View area: 65mm* 38mm
-Display Type: HTN
-View direction: 12 o'clock
-Front Polarizer: Transmission/ Positive
-Rear Polarizer: Reflective/ Positive
-Operating Voltage: 5V
-Connector: PIN
The only thing about it I don't like is the fact that it is green Link Removed - Invalid URL Maybe I'll paint it black and mount it on the side of the case

They don't come with the newer cards and are hard to find, but I found one :D

Back