Windows 7 MySQL Connector problem

Strahan

Anyone else using a MySQL Connector? Under WinXP, it works fine. I download the connector, install it, then voila.. code works. The relevant part of my code is:

Set DB = CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
DB.Open "Driver={MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver}; Server=sql-server; Port=3306; Option=0; Database=database; Uid=sqluser; Pwd=hi;"

That works fine in XP. I downloaded the Windows x64 version of MySQL Connector, installed with no errors, but when I run the script I get:

p:\utils\scripts\addfile.vbs(2, 1) Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data so
urce name not found and no default driver specified

Anyone else have/see a similar issue? Very aggravating, I keep having to switch to my XP box to do any scripted DB maintenance.

Thanks!

PS.. after reading my post, seeing the "x64" gave me the idea to uninstall that and install the 32 bit (though I am on a 64 bit system). I did that and wouldn't you know.. it works. So why would the proper 64 bit native version die? Ugh, so annoying.

Last edited:
Well, the MySQL installer was "mysql-connector-odbc-5.1.5-winx64.msi", for Win x64. The MySQL it's talking to is on a Win2003 box.

Figured it out... I noticed one day it all of the sudden was working. I was like WTF.. then I realized I had ran the dos window as administrator. Opened a normal user window and sure enough, the script failed. So it's a rights issue. Whew!

Back