Windows 7 Need help creating windows 7 iso and run it onto USB

skeptic

hello
what im looking for is to know how can i take my own windows 7 os which i use at the moment
and make it ISO file which i can later use it to run the windows directly over usb stick
i read many guides but they all explain mostly how to install new windows 7 over usb drive which i already know
so what i need actually is to make my current windows and make it 1 iso file and than set the usb stick bootable to use ready windows system installed
i already know how to format the usb with the specific configuration that when i start the computer i could boot from the usb
but now what i got when i start the computer it does run windows 7 from a usb but he run the installation
im not interested to install new windows but to take the current one make it iso file as i said and each time i start the computer i could boot the current windows directly from the usb stick
and than it will run normal windows ready for work
is it possible?
and when i will run the windows via the usb stick could i install also programs at that windows or each time i restart everything will get back to normal?
thanks for helping

thanks for the comment
this is an
Windows 7 USB/DVD download tool
to install windows over usb drive
what i was looking for is either ready windows 7 system at iso file
that i can boot directly from the usb stick and use windows without installing any new windows os
or to take my current windows system that i use and make it an iso image which can be run over usb stick
and when i boot the computer with the usb windows 7 will run normally just it will run via the usb drive and not the hardrive
is it possible?
thanks

If I understand you right, you really want a portable OS. That is possible e.g. like this:

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/276540-portable-os-carry-your-os-external-drive.html

Note though that you will need a very fast USB3 flash drive. The last one I bought (32GB) cost $80. You are better off using a 60GB SSD which might be cheaper (plus the caddy). That's what I use and it works perfectly on USB3 and USB2. USB3 is nearly as fast as running it from the internal SSD and USB2 is only slightly slower. Any flash drive will be a LOT slower though.

If I understand you right, you really want a portable OS. That is possible e.g. like this:

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/276540-portable-os-carry-your-os-external-drive.html

Note though that you will need a very fast USB3 flash drive. The last one I bought (32GB) cost $80. You are better off using a 60GB SSD which might be cheaper (plus the caddy). That's what I use and it works perfectly on USB3 and USB2. USB3 is nearly as fast as running it from the internal SSD and USB2 is only slightly slower. Any flash drive will be a LOT slower though.
yes exactly
but at this guide he explain
how to open a virtual machine with vmware player after i have installed one
and than he say to copy the folder after i created new machine into external drive
but how will it work
what i look for is portable windows that i can boot up directly from the usb
each time i start the computer i could choose booting up from usb drive
and it will run windows that is ready to work at least with network
do u know maybe where can i find that kind of thing?
regards

I don't think that is possible if your ultimate goal is to carry around this USB and fire it up on any machine.
Every Windows installation locks itself to the system it was installed from. Everytime you boot up, it tries to recognize the system first and all the hardwares attached to it when you installed it. It is possible with FREE OSes like Linux but not with paid OS like Microsoft Windows. Last night I have tried the FREE Pear OS 8 (a Linux distro) installed on a regular USB 2.0 flashdrive and it is FAST! The interface looks exactly like a Mac OS X / iOS 7. :p
The way you want to do it is like there is no law against piracy. :)

Last edited:
I don't think that is possible if your ultimate goal is to carry around this USB and fire it up on any machine.
Every Windows installation locks itself to the system it was installed from. Everytime you boot up, it tries to recognize the system first and all the hardwares attached to it when you installed it. It is possible with FREE OSes like Linux but not with paid OS like Microsoft Windows. Last night I have tried the FREE Pear OS 8 (a Linux distro) installed on a regular USB 2.0 flashdrive and it is FAST! The interface looks exactly like a Mac OS X / iOS 7. :p
The way you want to do it is like there is no law against piracy. :)
i see
but i never used linux before
but i guess i should try one time
do u have a website where to get download portable FREE Pear OS 8
and maybe guide how to make it over usb stick and make it bootable for it so i can run the os with it?
thanks always

i see
but i never used linux before
but i guess i should try one time
do u have a website where to get download portable FREE Pear OS 8
and maybe guide how to make it over usb stick and make it bootable for it so i can run the os with it?
thanks always

Here's the Pear OS site:

http://os8.pearlinux.fr/download/

As for installation on USB, Google up "Rufus USB". Rufus is FREE a utilitly for creating bootable USB. It's very simple to use. You'll figure it out. Give me a shout if you run into roadblock.

Also try "Luna (Elementary OS)". It's also a nice Linux distro packed with multimedia applications. Just google it up.

Last edited:
Here's the Pear OS site:

http://os8.pearlinux.fr/download/

As for installation on USB, Google up "Rufus USB". Rufus is FREE a utilitly for creating bootable USB. It's very simple to use. You'll figure it out. Give me a shout if you run into roadblock.

thank u for ur quick replay
with rufus i already know how to use
if its same setting when i set if i want to install windows 7 via usb
just what i wanted to ask is this linux os is live bootable and portable os? i dont need to install anything on my hd right? just to set the bios boot from the usb drive and the os will run? thanks again

After creating the bootable USB, it has options to install it on your PC or run it live from USB when you boot up from it.

ok thanks
and this os has all inside right? network , ton, access to hd and downloadin files and everything?and last question probably i could not install any external programs since they will be removed after next time i restart correct?
regards

Hi

I have a Ubuntu disk, it will boot almost any computer give you an internet connection, a browser, and a file manager that will access all the files in your Windows install.

I've used it a number to times to save data off of a crashed computer before reinstalling Windows .

Just download the iso and write it to a disk.
So far it's booted every PC I've put it in.

http://www.ubuntu.com/desktop

For more universal usage pick the 32 bit version.
It should work on both 32 and 64 bit systems.

Here's how you create a bootable USB stick...

http://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop/create-a-usb-stick-on-ubuntu

It can also be installed as a second OS.
Many people who don't run games and a lot of other software can use it as their standard OS.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom