Windows 7 NEED HELP!! MAXTOR SATA/150 PCI CARD DRIVERS NO WORKING ON WIN 7

modman

I bought a new graphics card and it's one that takes to pci slots and it covers the sata ports on my mobo. The only hard drives i have are sata drives so my friend gave me the card to use till i can get a new mobo. So i need to install the drivers becuse when i try to use it windows crashes half way through booting. I really need some help.

It uses drivers from Silicon Image.

Boot to safe mode. Open device manager. Look at the driver properties or name for the card. It will have drivers like this:

SI3124r.sys

or SI3124.sys

Or be named BASE or RAID.

The numbers may be different and you should note that. If you have one of the drivers with R, that means that the card is functioning as a RAID card and you should download that appropriate version.

If you have one of the drivers like that above without the R, then the card is functioning as a BASE version card. Install that version instead.
------------

Install like this in safe mode:

Right click on card. Update driver software. Browse my computer. Let me pick. Have disk. Browse. Now find and double click on the .inf in the extracted folder from the download. Hit ok then next and it will install.

Reboot to normal mode:

http://www.siliconimage.com/support/

------------------

If that's the only HDD going now attached to the card, you are going to have problems booting to it and it may actually be impossible, no matter what. Forget the whole idea then.

Last edited:
It didn't work, I'm not trying to raid all i'm trying to do is make it so i can boot from the drive plugged to the card

Hi Modman,
See this post:

Link Removed - Invalid URL

The drivers the last post refers to can be found here:

DriverZone

Good Luck..

Hi Modman,
See this post:

Link Removed - Invalid URL

The drivers the last post refers to can be found here:

DriverZone

Good Luck..

That's for installing Windows.

It isn't going to work for an already installed Windows previously on the HDD.

It will still be very difficult to setup, while making a clean install, but this however is not impossible. Like I said, just difficult for a novice (bios settings and the like.) In this case, probably need to set SCSI boot as first device etc...if the motherboard even has that option to begin with. Lots do not.

If you do wish to endevour with this modman then please post again.. :)

Your really welcome! I hope your new card works out fine for ya... Please don't hesitate to post again if help is needed.. :)

Back