Windows 7 Need Help with Windows 7

srivathsan

hello all,

i am running windows 7 7100 build and the os freezes within 10 or 15 minutes after booting...it happens often when i use adobe flash player application.
Is there any tool to check the cause of this issue or should i wait for MS service pack to be released...

what are ur suggestions to solve this issue?

only if there is a browser window is left opened the computer freezes(monitor,mouse and keyboard cease to function) other than this i think win 7 rocks...

help me guys please...my specs are AMD X2 DCprocessor, 1GB RAM,NVIDIA GeForce 8400 series 512MB graphics adapter.

It's frustrating to have an issue like this. I don't have a solution, but I posted to let you know that you have at least one person working to try to find an answer :)

are you saying the pc freezes specifically on flash applications??....If thats the case then try a different browser like firefox, or opera. My thoughts are you have something going on with IE. If I'm wrong, then repost with more specifics please.

Does the Event Viewer give you any hint?

(The easy way to launch that is from Windows Help and Support.)

Have you got the latest Flash Player found here? What browser are you having trouble with? If its not IE8 try this one.

Did you do a clean install of 7 downloaded from Microsoft?

There have been quite a few reports coming in regarding Firefox and Flash not working well with each other.. (32-bit).. ;) I agree with the above, if your using Firefox, simply try a different browser.. If that doesn't solve the problem then we're going to need some more information.. :)

my hardware config

dear all,

i have a 1gig RAM and a 512MB Graphics card...
graphics card has its own 512MB of memory...its not dependent on my RAM.

Win 7 freezes only if i happen to use a flash application in IE...IE 8 is what i guess comes with Win 7 and it is so frustrating when it freezes...

Its not the browser that freezes it the os as whole....

@loathe

i have a latest version of Flash player in my hdd - Win 7 freezes
i downloaded the latest from ADOBE...win 7 still froze...

there is this site called chesscube...it uses flash and some other product of adobe...if i login Win 7 freezes after a few while...
chesscube is the first thing i open when i power up my pc

i have tried both ie and firefox...windows still freezes....now i am with opera and windows freezes rarely...

my copy is a legit, clean, and direct download from MS site...i dont think its an issue because of spoiled download...my guess is Adobe player compatibility with win 7....

In order to troubleshoot your problem we need to know more detailed specs of your system hardware.

1. Go to Start > Run, and type msinfo32. then expand the Components tree and choose a device
2. Go to Control Panel > Device Manager and look for any entry that has a yellow flag beside it.
3. Download System Information Viewer
4. Download PC WIZARD 2008
5 Please fill out your computers specs in the User Control Panel here on the site as well. It will then appear next to your name. look at my posting and you'll see the drop-down arrow.

Did you perform a "clean": install?
Are you using 32-bit or 64-bit OS?
Did this occur immediately after installing Windows 7?

system crash

Dear friend. I had the crash problem when i used windows 7 beta.I uninstalled and installed again.Then i went for updates.
After that i installed other office and nero. then i didn't have any problem. I just have a 64 mb onboard video memory. It works fine. i am not able to get aero effects and i am not able to play games, because it saya the hardware acceleration is disabled. I have 1.25 gb ram. Try installing it again.
Hope it works

The exact make and model of your video card would be of great help.

You can go to Start > Help and Support, type Fix problems, choose the first item in the list for Fix problems with transparency and visual effects.

This will bring up the Aero dialog box and perform tests on your system to see if it supports Aero.

PC Freezes

Try the following

1. Disable all add-ons in IE8 (Tools, Manage Add-ons, toolbars and extensions/all add-ons) and disable all add-ons.
2. Reboot and run the PC/IE8 for a few hours to see if this solves the problem.
3. If this does not solve the problem uninstall Adobe FlashPlayer and try the above again.
4. If this solves the problem then download Flashplayer (latest version) and try again.
5. If problems persist then your are SOL.

I do not believe that the 1Gig of memory is the problem (unless you have a memory hardware problem).

Jeremy

comp specifications

system manufacturer : ECS
SYSTEM MODEL : P4M800 - 775E
BIOS VERSION : American mega trendz Inc 080012
Intel processor : X86 family 15 model 4 stepping 1
speed : 2792 MHz
Mother board manual code : 1131 - elite group

Actually I need the exact make and model of your video card. 64MB is very low.

Go to Start > Run, and type msinfo32. Expand the Components section and choose Display.

Try this:

Go to Start > Search and type in Fix problems, select the 1st entry......Fix problems with transparency and visual effects.

this will bring up the Aero dialog box and allow you to perform tests to see if the video card is capable.

Back