Windows 7 Need Some Help With Win.7

The way to see if the 7.iso is corrupt is to try it with a different bootable .iso - a small linux one will - just to see if it boots when you have got the files on the USB drive.

Another way is to google or Ixquick your machine/mobo model and see if that throws any light on booting from usb drive.

The way to see if the 7.iso is corrupt is to try it with a different bootable .iso - a small linux one will - just to see if it boots when you have got the files on the USB drive.

Another way is to google or Ixquick your machine/mobo model and see if that throws any light on booting from usb drive.

Ok well I do have a 32bit Vista O/S... Which is an ISO file.

Should I try using Ultra ISO with that and see if it will boot from the USB using that?

Last edited:
Good idea.
Ok I did that and still nothing... So i'm guessing it has something to do with Booting from the USB Device..

After UltraISO puts the files onto the usb drive it changed the USB's file system back to FAT32.. Not sure if this matters or not just thought I'd tell you just incase it does..

Also does the Write Method on UltraISO matter to what I set it to? It's set by default to USB-HDD+

I went into bios and changed all three boot settings to USB-FDD, USB-HDD, and USB-ZIP and still nothing.. it even still booted from the HDD and it wasnt even set as a first, second, or third boot device in the bios.. is that normal or was it not suppose to be able to boot from the HDD?

Last edited:
So I went and got some blank DVD+R Disc's.. I just burnt the ISO image onto a disc using CD Burner XP...

Going to try to boot from the Disc now... will edit this post with the results.

Hi jboi,

Good luck. Let us know how it works out.
Ok well with the CD it worked just fine!.. I'm on Windows 7 as we speak..

Now the question is.. was my USB Drive just not able to be used as a bootable? or why exactly was it not booting from the USB drive? Maybe it was user error and I didn't make the USB drive bootable correctly? I'm not soo sure but I guess it doesn't reall matter anymore.. I'm happy I have Windows 7 finally installed :)

Hi jboi,

Sounds like you created the usb just right - should definitely work with Ultra Iso. Maybe there is something wrong with the drive, or the port, or the Bios .

Anyhow - glad to see you are up and running.

Back