Windows 7 NETBOOK INSTALL PROBLEMS

imcaius

Alright, so, I have a Lenovo IdeaPad Edge S11 (I think, it's a modified one I got from school)
It's got a Celeron processor, 2GB of RAM, a 160GB WD HDD, and the integrated Intel graphics.
Anyway, I've gotten admin rights on it, and I got an extra 2GB of RAM, and now I want to install 64-bit Windows 7 to support that full amount of ram. (They have 32-bit enterprise).

The problem is, the BIOS is locked. With a password.
And they've got everything but the SATA port for the main HDD blocked.
So, I took out the HDD and put it into my desktop, I was unsure if it'd work, turns out it didn't.
So, I installed Windows 7 to the HDD using my desktop, and (I'm assuming it's because it installed the drivers and stuff for my AMD Phenom II computer.) it didn't work when I put it back in my netbook.

It just had a flashing underscore, and it won't boot.
So, how else can I install 64bit Windows?

Thanks for your help
smile.gif

Well, it's the schools property until I leave school, then I can keep it.
And, the TSO's honestly don't care if I hack it, but they said they won't be involved (to protect themselves, and their jobs, etc.)
I just.. It's not so much that I need to find out the BIOS password, I just need to know how to make 64-bit Windows 7 work without installing it on the actual computer. (or another way that might work)

Ok - so try one of the backdoor passwords - completely legal and everybody uses them in this sort of circumstance - it should enable you to make the changes you need.

Hm, can't find anything for Lenovo..
Any other ideas?
Another way to install (maybe install from another computer)?

Back
Top Bottom