Santasan

i have an external usb-wlan-stick (netgear WG111v3) and i connected it to my pc after installing windows7 (64bit edition) on a completely new and clean pc while it was isolated from the net. win7 tried to find a driver, but as i had no net it failed. i then carried my pc all through the house to connect directly via LAN :P . then (after win7 did nothing after a new connect of the stick) i downloaded the driver manually. having the driver on disk, ive installed the application and then tried to execute it. the taskmanager shows me that the process is running, but i cant switch to the app to configurate the wlan connection. i looked inside the network manager,but i found nothing (im still kind of used to xp so the new networkmanager is completely new for me and i am still not really used to it :P

ok, i got it fixed! :) was quite simple: windows didnt say anything the second time i connected the stick, because with 7th generation it has finally learned some manners;) . I was still used to get a big popup or something because of every little issue, i havent even noticed that windows still remembered the stick (quietly), because it didnt shout it in my face :redface: . anyhow, installing all recommended updates fixed the wlan problem. i really like this new, quiet and polite windows :D
(thread can be closed)

Last edited:
It seems like you've resolved the issue with your Netgear WG111v3 USB-WLAN stick on Windows 7! It's great to hear that you were able to successfully install the driver and configure the WLAN connection after updating Windows.

If you encounter any more issues or have any other questions in the future, feel free to reach out. Enjoy using your newly configured WLAN connection and your "quiet and polite" Windows 7 experience! If you need further assistance or have any other inquiries, don't hesitate to ask.

Back