Windows 8 NETIO.sys RANDOM CRASHES

What media did you use to install with? Did you use a disk? If so, how fast did you burn the iso?

What media did you use to install with? Did you use a disk? If so, how fast did you burn the iso?
Sir i did it normally like the rest isos i have ever made...
But i installed in 3 systems with the same disk...
2 are perfect and the only prob comes in my dell........

Do you have anything plugged into the usb ports whilst performing the install? If so remove and try again (I'm talking printers etc)

Something else i notice is that your manufacturers web page only carries drivers for 64bit for both Windows 8 and 7. You are installing 32bit and I'm pretty sure this is where your problem lies. Do you have a 64bit copy of Windows 8?

Do you have anything plugged into the usb ports whilst performing the install? If so remove and try again (I'm talking printers etc)

Something else i notice is that your manufacturers web page only carries drivers for 64bit for both Windows 8 and 7. You are installing 32bit and I'm pretty sure this is where your problem lies. Do you have a 64bit copy of Windows 8?

No, i didnt plugged anything while installing and i told you that day about 32 bit not available on the site..
and yes i have the 64 bit version but i thought the same might happen in that and i dont wanna lose my data........

I would try with the 64bit at least. I mean what was you going to do for drivers anyway? Everything is in 64bit so you need to use 64bit. I know you told me about the 32bit not being available but I also have ask certain questions too. If the machine was there in front of me this would be a whole lot easier but it isn't so you have to bear with me at times ok?

Last edited by a moderator:
I would try with the 64bit at least. I mean what was you going to do for drivers anyway? Everything is in 64bit so you need to use 64bit. I know you told me about the 32bit not being available but I also have ask certain questions too. If the machine was there in front of me this would be a whole lot easier but it isn't so you have to bear with me at times ok?

OK then...
I think its the last option rather than tearing brains off....
will keep running quite a time then format and re install 64 bit and let you know....
one last ques....
is there any way to back up updates that i installed and the apps i downloaded??
bcoz thats what i care about the most...

You mean Windows updates or Store apps? I wouldn't bother saving them to be honest. You can always download them again and anyway they might be corrupted by the install.
I don't understand why you want to continue using the machine while it's blue screening. Surely it would be better to get it fixed first. All that blue screening won't be doing the rest of the machine much good..

You mean Windows updates or Store apps? I wouldn't bother saving them to be honest. You can always download them again and anyway they might be corrupted by the install.
I don't understand why you want to continue using the machine while it's blue screening. Surely it would be better to get it fixed first. All that blue screening won't be doing the rest of the machine much good..
One last resistance.........
I used windows 7 32 bit but never caused a single blue screen in 2 months.....

Hmm..so then you tried to install windows 8 32bit but it keeps blue screening. Now just so we are clear, did it blue screen as soon as Windows 8 opened on the desktop or is it when you do something particular like browse the internet.
Also the trouble is you don't have any 32bit drivers so I'm unsure why you chose to install 32bit in the first place.

Hmm..so then you tried to install windows 8 32bit but it keeps blue screening. Now just so we are clear, did it blue screen as soon as Windows 8 opened on the desktop or is it when you do something particular like browse the internet.
Also the trouble is you don't have any 32bit drivers so I'm unsure why you chose to install 32bit in the first place.

Sir drivers are never a problem....
Windows has this great feature with inbuilt drivers..
Here are some of my inspections results..
1.It only crashes while using internet...
2.Usually while updating, downloading and video calling through skype...
3.It many a times bsod'd while logging out of facebook..No reason why..
4.And the latest, i use 2 internet connections..Primary permanent is 802.11n and secondary temporary is 802.11g.. I noticed that when i am connected to the secondary connection, it never crashed and it always crashed while i am working on my primary internet connection which is 802.11n...
WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS???

Well NetIO.sys bsods are usually attributed to network/internet issues so make sure the correct network drivers are installed? I'd also check that your router has the latest firmware etc..

To be honest I don't know what more to tell you.. Your using a machine intended by the manufacturer to work with a 64bit os but yet you install a 32bit os. Ok you got away with it with windows 7 but that's more down to how good an operating system it is than anything else (apart from a little luck). Now your trying to install an os with a totally different kernal and indeed your manufacturer supplies drivers for this os but only in 64bit. Now with you installing an operating system with essentially no support of any type how can I successfully help you?

To be honest I don't know what more to tell you.. Your using a machine intended by the manufacturer to work with a 64bit os but yet you install a 32bit os. Ok you got away with it with windows 7 but that's more down to how good an operating system it is than anything else (apart from a little luck). Now your trying to install an os with a totally different kernal and indeed your manufacturer supplies drivers for this os but only in 64bit. Now with you installing an operating system with essentially no support of any type how can I successfully help you?

Its ok on your part...
Its the end of the thread then...
Thanks for your valuable time..
I appreciate it sir..
Will let you know if my problem solves...

Well I'm not saying go away just it's difficult to help you when you install something not designed by the manufacturer? Why not try the 64bit?

Well I'm not saying go away just it's difficult to help you when you install something not designed by the manufacturer? Why not try the 64bit?

i can understand that sir but honestly i'm afraid that the same problem doesn't persist in the 64 bit...
but i'm also kinda sure that's where the problem lies..
will keep running some small tests and if no solution, then will move on to the final solution...

Please keep me appraised and if I can help further please ask.

Well NetIO.sys bsods are usually attributed to network/internet issues so make sure the correct network drivers are installed? I'd also check that your router has the latest firmware etc..

Sir i read the whole thread again and i just went to my router's page...
it needs an upgrade to v2.02t and has v1.00...
model is HG532b....
CAN U PLS GIVE ME THE FIRMWARE UPGRADE FOR IT????
it might solve my problem bcoz i hv read their forums regarding this...
bt firmware upgrade isn't easily available for download...

Back