Windows 10 Network Routing Tables

Ruthlez

Hi everyone!

I recently started using a VPN. However some websites block VPN ips so I can't visit them.
To solve this problem I would like to add the blocked website's IP to my route table.
It works fine on my other laptops but on my PC it doesn't seem to function. I ran the following command as an administrator in my cmd. Got the OK! feedback message but I still get blocked from visiting the website when on a VPN.

Code:
Route add [website IP] [Default Gateway]

At the bottom of this screenshot :
route.png

you can see that the IP is indeed added to the list but sadly it doesn't function. I have been suggested to reinstall my Windows 10 but was wondering if there aren't any other solutions to this problem.

Thanks in advance!

Well actually if your VPN enables the proxy settings for web browsing you can probably go into Internet Options >Connections tab > lan settings > advanced and add the IP addresses into the exceptions box because otherwise while the proxy is enabled the routing table will see everything going to the routes with a mask of 128.0.0.0 and those have the lowest metric

Well actually if your VPN enables the proxy settings for web browsing you can probably go into Internet Options >Connections tab > lan settings > advanced and add the IP addresses into the exceptions box because otherwise while the proxy is enabled the routing table will see everything going to the routes with a mask of 128.0.0.0 and those have the lowest metric
Thanks for the responds!
I tried following your steps,
is this right? still doesn't let me connect.

Attachments

• settings.png
    settings.png
    62.2 KB · Views: 381
Hmm not sure how there client works and they don't really have any documentation. I would look at your Proxy settings and route tables while the VPN is active and see how it's configured then.

Here are the two route tables with VPN enabled & disabled (104.25.147.11 is the IP i'm trying to bypass)

Don't see any changes in the proxy settings.
There's a seperate option for the vpn however, maybe I need to change something in there?

Attachments

• VPNoff.png
    VPNoff.png
    10.6 KB · Views: 383
  • vpnON.png
    vpnON.png
    13.2 KB · Views: 409
  • settings2.png
    settings2.png
    107.5 KB · Views: 448
So add a route for that address. Route add 104.25.147.11 mask 255.255.255.255 198.168.0.1 metric 15

This would be while then VPN is enabled right?

I added the route with metric 15 however when printing out it show metric 40 and still blocks website.

Attachments

• route3.png
    route3.png
    13.3 KB · Views: 383
I'm curious why do you need a VPN anyways? Most of the time people use them to access corporate resources remotely and I guess if you really want the privacy. You could always just use TOR if that's all you are concerned about.

I'm curious why do you need a VPN anyways? Most of the time people use them to access corporate resources remotely and I guess if you really want the privacy. You could always just use TOR if that's all you are concerned about.
Primary issue when you have a somewhat important role in a gaming community of some sort. You get targeted by children ranging from age 12 to 17 who think it's funny or cool to ddos your home internet for 4 hours a day or social engineer your ISP to get your information and post it online. It goes as far as sending a SWAT team to someones house over getting killed in a video game. I don't want to take anymore risks, better safe then sorry.

People can get your IP over things like Teamspeak, Skype, Ingame clients, databases, Ip grabbers etc.. Tor doesn't protect you from that.

It actually does, but you need to configure all your applications to use the socks proxy with TOR, or the onion pi automatically proxies all traffic.

Back
Top Bottom