Network Tray Icon bang

SlickDriver

When I start in normal mode I always get the yellow ! in the networking tray icon. If I start in safe mode with networking I don't get it. Either way I can access the internet without a problem. It causes me a problem with at least 1 application when I go to register it after an upgrade. I have a Killer Networks network chip on the MB and suspect that the driver is what is causing the false yellow bang. Anyone else ever dealt with this?

livix07

Do you have the latest driver for the network card installed?
Check the official website of the manufacturer for the latest driver.

Spirit Wolfe

Honorable Member
For Drivers (at least for me) I have a very hard time keeping up with the latest versions of each driver installed within which computer they are installed in and for what use they are for. I once had two identical computers that had two different camera models installed for the built-in camera. Come to find out that each camera had a different driver because of the different chip number within each of the cameras within the computers. So I opted to buy a Driver Updater program called Auslogics Driver Updater and I let that run, same me a bunch of time.
It is well worth the price because it saves me a migraine and repetitiveness later...