Windows 10 New 10 User with 3 issues

OK. Just my pov.

It doesn't bother me a lot to install and setup my software. I don't have a huge amount. Possibly 3 or four hours for the whole kebang.. That I imo, is a little better than the time you have spent trying to sort out the problems.. The error you are encountering points to a corruption of system files. I would have thought a sfc /scannow might have been the first possible chance

SFC found nothing wrong. Run early on.

And these were all happening well before I installed any software as the first thing I do is configure options, create a custom view in events viewer, update the normal.dot with all my Word Macros, Install Outlook Stationary, etc. I do not believe it has anything to do with installed software.

Just going to run SFC again right now...

This time found some things and said to look at the log.My apologies for doubting. It is huge. Most seem related to running the test. This is the final summary after that:

2016-04-25 11:29:51, Info CSI 000052ae [SR] Verify complete
2016-04-25 11:29:51, Info CSI 000052af [SR] Repairing 1 components
2016-04-25 11:29:51, Info CSI 000052b0 [SR] Beginning Verify and Repair transaction
2016-04-25 11:29:51, Info CSI 000052b1 Hashes for file member \SystemRoot\WinSxS\wow64_microsoft-windows-r..xwddmdriver-wow64-c_31bf3856ad364e35_10.0.10586.0_none_3dae054b56911c22\opencl.dll do not match actual file [l:10]"opencl.dll" :
Found: {l:32 g2VAunZ6/2J1G3oL7kf9fjInPUA9VYeiJcl9VKgizaY=} Expected: {l:32 9rnAnuwzPjMQA7sW63oNAVhckspIngsqJXKYSUeQ5Do=}
2016-04-25 11:29:51, Info CSI 000052b2 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:10]"opencl.dll" of microsoft-windows-RemoteFX-clientVM-RemoteFXWDDMDriver-WOW64-C, version 10.0.10586.0, arch Host= amd64 Guest= x86, nonSxS, pkt {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35} in the store, hash mismatch
2016-04-25 11:29:51, Info CSI 000052b3@2016/4/25:18:29:51.794 Primitive installers committed for repair
2016-04-25 11:29:51, Info CSI 000052b4 Hashes for file member \SystemRoot\WinSxS\wow64_microsoft-windows-r..xwddmdriver-wow64-c_31bf3856ad364e35_10.0.10586.0_none_3dae054b56911c22\opencl.dll do not match actual file [l:10]"opencl.dll" :
Found: {l:32 g2VAunZ6/2J1G3oL7kf9fjInPUA9VYeiJcl9VKgizaY=} Expected: {l:32 9rnAnuwzPjMQA7sW63oNAVhckspIngsqJXKYSUeQ5Do=}
2016-04-25 11:29:51, Info CSI 000052b5 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:10]"opencl.dll" of microsoft-windows-RemoteFX-clientVM-RemoteFXWDDMDriver-WOW64-C, version 10.0.10586.0, arch Host= amd64 Guest= x86, nonSxS, pkt {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35} in the store, hash mismatch
2016-04-25 11:29:51, Info CSI 000052b6 [SR] This component was referenced by [l:125]"Microsoft-Windows-RemoteFX-VM-Setup-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.10586.0.RemoteFX clientVM and UMTS files and regkeys"
2016-04-25 11:29:51, Info CSI 000052b7 Hashes for file member \??\C:\Windows\SysWOW64\opencl.dll do not match actual file [l:10]"opencl.dll" :
2016-04-25 11:29:51, Info CSI 000052b8 Hashes for file member \SystemRoot\WinSxS\wow64_microsoft-windows-r..xwddmdriver-wow64-c_31bf3856ad364e35_10.0.10586.0_none_3dae054b56911c22\opencl.dll do not match actual file [l:10]"opencl.dll" :
2016-04-25 11:29:51, Info CSI 000052b9 [SR] Could not reproject corrupted file [l:23 ml:24]"\??\C:\Windows\SysWOW64"\[l:10]"opencl.dll"; source file in store is also corrupted
2016-04-25 11:29:51, Info CSI 000052ba@2016/4/25:18:29:51.825 Primitive installers committed for repair
2016-04-25 11:29:51, Info CSI 000052bb [SR] Repair complete
2016-04-25 11:29:51, Info CSI 000052bc [SR] Committing transaction
2016-04-25 11:29:51, Info CSI 000052bd Creating NT transaction (seq 2), objectname [6]"(null)"
2016-04-25 11:29:51, Info CSI 000052be Created NT transaction (seq 2) result 0x00000000, handle @0xdb4
2016-04-25 11:29:51, Info CSI 000052bf@2016/4/25:18:29:51.841 Beginning NT transaction commit...
2016-04-25 11:29:51, Info CSI 000052c0@2016/4/25:18:29:51.856 CSI perf trace:
CSIPERF:TXCOMMIT;20005
2016-04-25 11:29:51, Info CSI 000052c1 [SR] Verify and Repair Transaction completed. All files and registry keys listed in this transaction have been successfully repaired

What seems most interesting and seems like it was unable to repair is the opencl.dll.

Thoughts?

~Bob

Must do some real work today. Will try to get to more questions.

You're welcome! Looking forward to more clarification and detail. You didn't quite answer the question of who paid for the laptop; you or the IT department? On checking your server environment, that's easy! You pickup the phone and call your IT department; they know exactly what they are running. It's a phone call. If your Office doesn't have an in-house IT department, they can provide you with a phone number to the company or individual (Computer or IT guy) that has the contract to take care of their network, and call and ask. It's not Rocket Science to find that out.:l: Troubleshooting Domain issues on Server 2008 or newer network servers is no small task.

Keep in mind that troubleshooting your issues can not be done by you especially on a dial-up or remote VPN connection with a Domain-configured laptop. You would have to drive the machine physically to your Office and plug into their network to test. That's why I suggested configuring a LOCAL LOGIN on your machine to test. If you can't create a LOCAL LOGIN on your computer, then you don't have the ability to control the computer, only your IT department does and they have to test for you or assist you with the testing!:ohno:

I'm not sure what the source of your vagueness is on who owns that Lenovo computer, or if you've never been remotely connected to a corporate Domain-based network before, but it's not helping us.

Looking forward to getting more info,
<<<BBJ>>>

Why would it matter who paid for this? My company. Ordered through CDW. Not sure how that could make a difference....

I try not to bother IT if I do not have to. And this computer, being the first Win 10 in the (large) company is not officially supported. SO I will avaoid that. Especially since there may be a new clue in the one aboive and the other two issues are had by many who are not on domains at all.

Let's put a link or two here for those:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...2/a70e0cb9-46a3-4fac-a103-4fee65d19eb8?page=7

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/.../be343c15-b2bf-4c62-ad10-e6b79dc29be9?page=27

Those lead to the end of the threads. You might check the beginnings.

I can likely create a local login. not sure I have time or it is necessary - at least yet. I have ADMIN rights, of course.

Not sure what vagueness you are referring to? Its company owned. I have been on the domain for 12 years on several computers. Vagueness? I also do not believe this has anything to do with the issues.

~Bob

Why would it matter who paid for this? My company. Ordered through CDW. Not sure how that could make a difference....

~Bob

Just read your entire first message. Thanks, but I think waaaay off base. This computer was put on the domain by IT. It is not supported by them. I do not believe ANY of these issues involve domain at all. I do not need to be told about case law. I am trying to evaluate the issues I find in Win 10 both as to how it may affect me and the company once it IS (if ever) supported by IT and how it affects the applications I product manage for my customers who are already on IT.

Thanks for your interest, but it has nothing to do with 2 of the issues, and while I will allow a chance that maybe something "trying" to push through group policy might have something to do with the third, I think it is remote.

Not having the time to reply is not vagueness, either.

And who owns that machine should not be a root cause of hundreds of temp files created by clipup.exe daily, imho.

But thanks. Seriously.

~Bob

The opencl.dll error is not related. Has to do with a video driver issue. Not sure why that pops up now, but the "cl" part had given me hope on the temp files.

Yes, openCL is related to non directX graphics support. Being on a domain would not causes the clipup.exe issue. I did dump the strings from this process and it does look like it has to do somewhat with key activation, windows phone and windows store authenticity checking. Did you run procmon with the filter I suggested?

Is it possible the problem started way back in January, with the a failed attempt to load a game add-on, or ?

Hi

I haven't read though all of this so this may be a dumb question but have you tried turning off Clipup.exe in Services?
If what you are seeing it the legitimate windows process it should show in the Services list.

I don't have it active on my computer at all, so I can't check to see if I can turn it off on mine.

I found the file at this address....

C:\Windows\WinSxS\amd64_microsoft-client-li..m-service-migration_31bf3856ad364e35_10.0.10586.0_none_23891e90c02e780f\Clipup.exe

You could try renaming it to StopClipup.exe and see it removing it would cause and problems, it doesn't seem to be essential.
If that doesn't work all you have to do it change it back.

Mike

Just read your entire first message. Thanks, but I think waaaay off base. This computer was put on the domain by IT. It is not supported by them. I do not believe ANY of these issues involve domain at all. I do not need to be told about case law. I am trying to evaluate the issues I find in Win 10 both as to how it may affect me and the company once it IS (if ever) supported by IT and how it affects the applications I product manage for my customers who are already on IT.
>>>Hi Bob, thanks for your reply. And you are certainly entitled to your opinion. After many, many years of working in and managing IT shops and corporate networks, this was simply my attempt to get the information I needed to assist you. Since your IT department hasn't committed to W10, and may never, it may not be relevant. However, I was trying to determine ownership of the Asset (Laptop), which does have far flung repercussions. I don't know you, or your company, or how big they are. They could be 10, 25, 100, 1,000 employees or larger; but the larger the company the more important it is to know about the Asset ownership to determine how they are affecting your laptop's windows environment, via roaming profile, etc. You can also see that since you are logging into a network server via Domain login, and it sounds like you are familiar with this, 99% of Domain logins on corporate networks have some kind of a login script running, and since you don't have a copy of that script, you most likely have no idea what apps, services, and GPOs, are being loaded into your Windows laptop when you login to their Domain. I've seen stranger things happen, and even though you believe this app *clipup.exe* to be misbehaving, I gave you a simple way to tell if it was a push or pull, or Thin-Client, or VPN, or a host of other server oriented apps that could be causing the problem. That method is to create a local login to W10 which takes you off the Domain, and removes your connection to the Microsoft App store which might be connected directly from your laptop or through the Domain controller (again we don't know since you are not willing to speak with the IT folks). If the Local Login solved the issue with this app, then you could look to your IT folks and query them about it working locally, but causing you great pain when logged in with your experimental W10 laptop. Having deployed apps in corporate networks with 75,000 computers, I've seen this sort of thing happen time and again. If I happen to be right here, you may be forced to make that call to your IT folks in order to resolve the issue, or just scrap all of your software products on the W10 platform entirely.<<<

Thanks for your interest, but it has nothing to do with 2 of the issues, and while I will allow a chance that maybe something "trying" to push through group policy might have something to do with the third, I think it is remote.
>>>A remote possibility is not a zero possibility.;)<<<<

Not having the time to reply is not vagueness, either.
>>>Didn't mean to offend; and I didn't mean that you were non-responsive or laggy in your reply. I understand people's time demands with work, family, academia pursuits, vacations, etc. I meant that you didn't tell us the ownership of the Asset when asked. That CAN and DOES cause problems, as I explained above and in my previous posts whenever a remote user is connected to a network Domain Controller on a corporate network. I asked because that makes a HUGE difference in how the computer is used. And you admitted that you didn't put the laptop onto the Domain, your IT department did, which means they own the image on the laptop and all the information on it associated with your daily usage and connection to your company's network. There are lots of in's and out's there, and I spent many years dealing with legal issues of ownership, that's why I mentioned the Case Law; which is one of my specialties. And, no I'm not an Attorney, but, I do know when people are being vague purposely about Asset ownership. In some cases, we've had people break into networks who don't work for the company, and are using a computer they personally own to do so. Without express permission from that Company's top management or IT department, it can get sticky. That question also defines the direction troubleshooting takes, and I've done that for decades now. I guess I feel I have to defend on why I asked that question-twice--so there it is.<<<

And who owns that machine should not be a root cause of hundreds of temp files created by clipup.exe daily, imho.
>>>I agree to disagree on this one! <<<<

But thanks. Seriously.
>>>You're welcome.:) It appears you appreciate my efforts to assist. Best of luck going forward! :encouragement:<<<BBJ>>>

~Bob

Yes, openCL is related to non directX graphics support. Being on a domain would not causes the clipup.exe issue. I did dump the strings from this process and it does look like it has to do somewhat with key activation, windows phone and windows store authenticity checking. Did you run procmon with the filter I suggested?

I did. That's how I determined it was clipup as the cuilprit. However., I may not have created the most elegant filter nor found all the results you might be looking for so happy for more direction in that regard.

~Bob

Is it possible the problem started way back in January, with the a failed attempt to load a game add-on, or ?

Did not get this machine until early April and I do not do games at all. So no to both, Dave.

~Bob

Hi

I haven't read though all of this so this may be a dumb question but have you tried turning off Clipup.exe in Services?
If what you are seeing it the legitimate windows process it should show in the Services list.

I don't have it active on my computer at all, so I can't check to see if I can turn it off on mine.

I found the file at this address....

C:\Windows\WinSxS\amd64_microsoft-client-li..m-service-migration_31bf3856ad364e35_10.0.10586.0_none_23891e90c02e780f\Clipup.exe

You could try renaming it to StopClipup.exe and see it removing it would cause and problems, it doesn't seem to be essential.
If that doesn't work all you have to do it change it back.

Mike

Thanks Mike. I did mention this.

I have renamed the exe and it continues. I have stopped the only related service and it continues. So....

Only good news is that over at my topic on this at Microsoft, someone finally posted they have the exact same issue. So at least not only me :)

Interesting one, eh?

~Bob

Thanks again. The news today is another user finally reported they have the identical issue at my topic at the MS support site. So once again, I think this issue is not domain related, though I will keep that as an open possibility.

We are a big company. I am THE unique power user. I was the first with Win 7 long before it was supported for the company. And I am on the domain for email and files transfers, nightly builds, etc without having to use another computer and transfer files to this one back and forth. It also tells me a lot about the issues the company may encounter in deploying 10 when and if as well as issues my customers may have using my software products on their win 10 machines.

3 issues is not horrible. I do consider each of them serious. My users will never do a registry search. They may never look in their temp directories. But I want to know root cause of these issues before I report on the viability of 10 for enterprise as well as 10 for my products.,

~Bob

Should be enough for a filter to detect what is accessing clipup.
clipup.png

I guess I should ask, is this Windows 10 Enterprise or Pro and if it's enterprise can you run slmgr /dlv and post

Thanks. Mine was a little different monitoring the temp directory. I'll try this one.

~Bob

Hi Bob,
Thanks for your reply back in Post #52. That certainly provides at least me with more information on the network side of it, size of your company, Win10 version, etc. and your role in testing & deployment. I worked closely with app developers in many of my IT positions, and you guys are invaluable as long as we keep a dialog open on what you are doing and your goals.;) Internally, developers are considered valued customers in most IT shops--however, as you may be aware, they can have abrasive personalities, and that's true of some us IT types too. Working together and communication makes things run much smoother for both.:D At one company, I had difficulty understanding why my boss gave so much latitude to one of our software developers, but later I discovered that he was employee #3 in the company and had developed most of the early product architecture of all our product lines.o_O He was extremely eccentric and legendarily difficult to work with. When I found this out, and went to have an in-person talk with him; he only came into the office a few days a year as he did 99% of his work from his home office over the network. He was a significant bandwidth user on our corporate network too. After speaking with him, we developed a close relationship after that, and I made it Job #1 to help him with his unusual requirements. Things went so much more smoothly for me especially, and I learned a ton from him.:) That's why it's important to keep the dialog open between developers and IT people. His work produced millions upon millions in revenue for our company over the years. It sounds like you are in a similar role in your Company. I might suggest that someone in your IT department can find the value in your work and you can work together to solve any other Win10 deployment problems that crop up.

Best of luck, :up:
<<<BBJ>>>

OK. Captured the event and watched the temp being created. Can I email you this file rather than post it here?

~Bob

Looks like you have two svchost containers accessing clipup. I would run the command tasklist /svc and look at PID 3620 and 376 and see what services are running in those containers to help narrow down which one is calling clipup.

376 is an audio endpoint builder. Likely not it.

I have no 3620. Will check a few times....

Seem to be about 11 svchost running, but none 3670.

Let me know what else to try and I will in the morning.

Thanks.

~Bob

Back
Top Bottom