Windows 10 New 10 User with 3 issues

Ooops, meant 3620:) I will have a chance to play with this again in a few hours and will look again.

You will need to re-run procmon because the assigned PIDs will be different across reboots.

It looks like ClipSVC is making a call to clipup.exe. I suspected from my string dump, it handles the Microsoft Store with some cross-over into the Windows phones. 'Provides infrastructure support for the Microsoft Store. This service is started on demand and if disabled applications bought using Windows Store will not behave correctly.' So I guess it's a matter of figuring out what is wrong with your Microsoft Store.

I would try resetting the Windows Store
  • Open a powershell prompt and run the following
  • Get-AppxPackage *WindowsStore* | Remove-AppxPackage
  • Open explorer and navigate to %LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages and remove Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe
  • Now you need to reinstall Windows Store
  • Add-AppxPackage -Path "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.WindowsStore_2016.29.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\Appxmanifest.xml" -Register -DisableDevelopmentMode
Test...

It looks like ClipSVC is making a call to clipup.exe. I suspected from my string dump, it handles the Microsoft Store with some cross-over into the Windows phones. 'Provides infrastructure support for the Microsoft Store. This service is started on demand and if disabled applications bought using Windows Store will not behave correctly.' So I guess it's a matter of figuring out what is wrong with your Microsoft Store.

Now THAT is interesting. Thanks! I had some issues with the store as I have a personal account (Live) and was trying to get a business account since this is a business machine. This is making sense. Now to try to fix it!

Thanks! Great sleuthing.

I would try resetting the Windows Store
  • Open a powershell prompt and run the following
  • Get-AppxPackage *WindowsStore* | Remove-AppxPackage
  • Open explorer and navigate to %LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages and remove Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe
  • Now you need to reinstall Windows Store
  • Add-AppxPackage -Path "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.WindowsStore_2016.29.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\Appxmanifest.xml" -Register -DisableDevelopmentMode
Test...

Testing now. Once the store was removed, the appdata local directory was also gone automatically.

Right now have the store open, but not logged in. Let's see if temp files are created. If not, I will make a new account.

Back soon.

No good. Not logged in at all in the store and temp files still :(

I will maybe try a remove, reboot, reinstall and see again.

Did just that and no good. And I did uninstall the three or four apps I had installed through the store.

This sounded promising :(

Tried creating a work account with M'soft and now it still remembers my personal and I cannot finish creating a work account. Even more odd.

Maybe remove store all together? Not an elegant solution.

I think this was it. Seems either a conflict between Windows 10 login and Windows Store login, or a corrupt something in the Store login. I created a new account and one temp while it seemed to sync, and now its clean. Will report if that changes, but I am feeling pretty good about this. Thanks!

Anyone care to tackle the recovery drive (someone says its calling a 32 bit VSS rather than 64 bit) or the Registry Search failure?

Great support here. Especially from Neemobeer. Thanks again.

~Bob

Thanks! I have it :)

Reg issue is two things. Something creates Loooong keys with # characters relating to USB drives or accessories and the latest regedit chokes on those keys. Discussion in other forums has all but ended on this. Only one user is fixed after a Win10 update I evidently did not get.

As to Recovery Drive - it seems I have the same vss*.exe in both system 32 and wow64. If that is the issue, i need a 64 bit versions and the service should be calling that one.

So, one down, two to go :)

Hi Bob! As far as the recover drive, I doubt if the brand of flash would help, but I prefer PNY. I have a several in my drawer and they all boot and work great! I have heard there was a problem with SanDisk. Don't know if that's been fixed.
Glad to see you making progress. I follow your thread, but @Neemobeer is way above my pay grade and a lot goes over my head!:andwhat:

Really drunk tonight, but I'll try to explain (Not Responding). When a program runs, it does a frequent callback to Windows saying "hey I'm still doing work", when an operation from a program takes a long time (longer than when Windows expects a callback) Windows will show(Not Responding) on a program. Sometimes this is a program behavior (long operation with no callback) sometimes it's a hung program. I have seen regedit go to Not Responding on searches and sometimes it crashes. I don't think it's necessarily a bug, but rather a programming decision. There is no way to resolve this. As to the other issue "recovery creation" I wouldn't worry about it. Your IT group will probably have a image in place for Windows 10 soon enough since Windows 7 is only good until 2020.

Hi Bob,
Still following your thread, and nice work by you and everyone to get that problem solved, the one in Post #70! Very helpful. Sounds like it was unrelated to the Domain login as you had guessed. Some very creative solutions were applied.

Cheers! :):)
<<<BBJ>>>

Thanks all.

I'll get the other two as well. Will post if I find out more. Just a matter fo time.

~Bob

Back