New install BIOS shows 2nd Hd Win 10 dont

Discussion in 'Windows 10 Upgrade and Installation' started by oxicottin, Aug 21, 2015.

1. oxicottin

oxicottin Well-Known Member

Hello, ok so I built a pc today and im running a ssd and a hd and its showing them both in the bios. I installed windows 10 on the ssd and i selected custom ant it showed both drives there also. Now that windows is installed and i want to install programs to the other drive it isnt showing? thoughts...

2. kemical

kemical Windows Forum Admin
    Staff Member Premium Supporter Microsoft MVP

Have you updated windows 10? If not run the update app as at least three patches have been released and i know that the first patch did help a user with a similar issue.

3. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Excellent Member
    Microsoft Community Contributor

Could you clarify the Install programs to other drive situation?

4. oxicottin

oxicottin Well-Known Member

I figured it out, for some reason the drive was unallocated but like I said it's a fresh build so mabe Win 10 doesn't pick up allocate drives other than it OS drive.

5. kemical

kemical Windows Forum Admin
    Staff Member Premium Supporter Microsoft MVP

Good job! I've actually experienced the same thing but I think it was under win 8.1. As soon as it's allocated a driver letter then bam it shows up. If I remember correctly it was only after I'd checked Storage management that i realised what was wrong..:eek3: