Windows 7 New laptop Slow & strange message

natalienoodles

Hi I bought my Windows 7 laptop two days ago and it is already pretty slow and freezes. I have only got the internet (Firefox) and some files from my old laptop which are safe. On 'My Computer' under the hard disk drives it says my normal Packard Bell space and then it has
' Microsoft Office 2010 Click-to-Run (Protected) (Q:) When I open it it says ACCESS DENIED.
What is this?

Thanks for your help, I'm new to laptops in general so sorry if this is basic.

Take care.

Hi I bought my Windows 7 laptop two days ago and it is already pretty slow and freezes. I have only got the internet (Firefox) and some files from my old laptop which are safe. On 'My Computer' under the hard disk drives it says my normal Packard Bell space and then it has
' Microsoft Office 2010 Click-to-Run (Protected) (Q:) When I open it it says ACCESS DENIED.
What is this?

Thanks for your help, I'm new to laptops in general so sorry if this is basic.

Take care.

One of two things. First if the files are from the old computer you are not a registered user. You can add yourself to that user group. Second it might be a permissions issue. If the files are not from the old computer you are probably running as a regular user and dont have permission to open them as you. You could run as an admin

Ken J

Back
Top Bottom