Windows 7 New mobo help needed

brkkab

Excellent Member
My old mobo stopped working.It had a bios. The new mobo Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 has a Windows 8 certified uefi. I already had Windows 8 Pro x64 installed on my OCZ Vertex 3 MaxIOP's ssd. Irealize I have to clean install everything due to the new mobo. I'm new to the uefi and need guidence on setting up for Windows 8. Also, is there anything in Windows 8 I need to enable/disable for 8's secure boot ?

Thanks.I`m screwed if Ihave to install WindowsPE. The only pc Ihave access to is the one awaiting for the mobo on.I'm sure not using malware infested library pc's to download anything to infect my ssd and hard drives.I'll switch to Ubuntu first.

I`m screwed if Ihave to install WindowsPE.
There is no requirement to install Windows PE - the document simply refers to the fact that the information given applies equeally to installing any one of a number of flavours of Windows, including Windows PE but there is no suggestion that it is necessary for your requirements.

Im half asleep. I must've interpretted it wrong. I searched Asus's forums before I posted it her. I came across 2 threads on it.1 said to disable secue boot -uefi, disable fast boot-uefi and enable launch csm-uefi.The 2nd one said enable secure boot-uefi, enable fast boot-uefi and disable launch csm-uefi.

Thanks Bassfisher. We know each other from the other Windows 7 & 8 forum's. I'll have to watch that video after I have the new mobo & 8 installed. My Xbox 360's i.e. won't play flash video's. The Xbox YouTube app won't let you search either.

I'm having issues with my Wii and the youtube app as well. When ever I open the app in Wii, it just disconnects my wireless connection for all my devices. The only device that works is my wired desktop. As soon as I close the youtube app on the Wii...with in 30 seconds, all my wireless devices can connect again.

There might be a firmware update for mine, you might want to check for a firmware update for your Xbox.

Nah, it's all updated. It's just how the app is. Just like the other xbox app's I have. I've got all of the u.s. version app's on mine. Out of 55 app's, xboxmusic/video's, excluded. There are 4 or 5 that when you close them, they take you back to xbox's main screen. The rest take you back to yor app's screne. I think it`s a lazy proramming issue. The Youtube has a list of like 100 channel's and a category view of like most recent/popular/viewed. There isn't a way to search anything if it's not on one those other places I listed

Mobo came today. I have to check 2 thins tomorrow. So far it's not working. Im gonna pull the h100 of my cpu tomorrow -clean both & reapply arctic silver 5. I'm also gonna try pulling my 8 pin psu extender cable and see if it reaches without the extension. I swapped out my ram already. My Hyper-X 1866 wasn't on the manuals qvl. My RipjawsX 1600 is on it.

Just ordered the Asus Maximus VIII Hero mobo. Next month I'll get the DDR4 ram, either a 16gb or 32gb kit. Then I'll have the Intel Core i7 6700K cpu, Corsair H-100i, Corsair HX-850w psu, Cooler Master HAF-932 case, custom case fans, Samsung 850 Pro 512gb ssd, 2 GeForce GTX 970 4.0gb. video cards and custom case led lights left to get
It'll be done some time early next year.
I'm aiming for the 32gbs of ram, because the mobo can use ram cache for web browsing. I might as well take advantage of it. I can also use a m.2 ssd once they become more affordable.

Back
Top Bottom