Windows 7 New RAM not working

TheGster9

So I bought a cheap $600 PC from a guy about 1 year ago. I had to replace the sound and graphics cards with parts from a friend cause they broke about 8 months ago but it has been working like a charm ever since.

Now, he’s given me 2 RAM sticks because he’s upgrading.

My existing RAM was 2x 2044MB 1333MHz DDR3 memory. I do not know what brand they are.

The sticks he gave me were;

1x ASint DDRIII 4GB 1600MHz

and 1x RADIUM MEMORY DDR3 1600MHz.

Anyways, thanks to a wikiHow article I placed in my RAM sticks without any problems, however the computer would power up but didn’t wake up my monitor nor anything in the USB slots.

So I removed the 4GB and Still same issue. Then I removed the 8GB and put the new 4GB stick back in. The computer started as normal however was now only reading 2GB of memory. It’s seems that now it only wanted to read one stick of memory.

A quick google later, I tried going into the BIOS and increasing the voltage of “DRAM” by one increment, and putting in just the 4GB. Same result.

And I tried enabling X.M.P. But still no avail.

I’ve been trying to get it to work for 4 hours now to no avail so any help would be appreciated.

my motherboard is an ASUS P7P55D

• If you don't have any customizations in the firmware I would reset it to defaults or set the RAM to auto.
  • Don't mix and match ram sticks with difference speeds (the system will down clock to the slowest ram speed)
  • Add one stick at a time and boot to verify it's working

You may also want to check the motherboard manufacturer site and see if there are any updates for the firmware.

I’m not worried about it slowing down to 1333MHz, I couldn’t care less about a tiny difference. I read that can you can mix different speeds tho, right? I did try with both sticks and then tried each stick on its own with my existing, working two.

Back