Windows 7 New System BSOD and random beeps

Lappi

I randomly get BSOD's, firefox crashes, random single tone beeps from the motherboard beeper and explorer errors on start up.

It is inconsistent, I may start and use my computer for hours without an error or I may get 3 blue screens in a row.

It is a new PC and has had this problem since I first installed, it is about 2 weeks old now. It is still usable but unreliable and annoying.

System Specs:
Power: Corsair TX 750
CPU: Core I5 750
Motherboard: GA-P55A-UD3 - I have updated BIOS to F6
Hardrive: 2x512GB Seagate in raid 1 (system) + another 120GB drive - all worked fine in my old system
Graphics: 1GB Gigabyte 5770 - also tested with a nvidia 8800 GTS 512 Mb that is know to work
RAM: 2 x 4G Kit DDR3 1600 G.Skill-Ripjaws
Monitor: 2 x 5ms DVI LG W2343T-PF
Operating System: Windows 7 64 bit

I am not overclocking, however I did change the CPU settings from the default that the F6 BIOS update set it to (back to the defaulst that the F3 BIOS had), the cpu currently runs at 2.66 GHz and the RAM is running at 1300.

Any Suggestions would be appreciated :)

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    369.2 KB · Views: 286
  • SystemInfo.txt
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,878
debugger came up with a multitude of different causes all pointing towards hardware and I suggest you need to run some stress tests ?

the first most important and most likely is bad ram or possibly voltages and\or timings ?

To test memory I get consistent results by burning to CD (using an ISO burner) & running from boot memtest86+ for at least 5 passes and moving the sticks between slots to verify motherboard ram slots work as well as the ram sticks.

let us know how you get on ?

Memtest passed 10 times

Hey,

I have run memtest86+ V4 through and it passed 10 times without error, It was off a dvd burned from the ISO file. I haven't had a chance to swap ram slots and re run it though.

The timings and frequency are as specified by the manufacturer -> 9-9-9-24 at 1600

Also, I've looked up similar problems (random motherboard beeps and unstable system) and found others with my motherboard have the same problem, which they fixed by updating the bios. However, I have updated my bios and it hasn't fixed my problem.

Thanks for your help

Hey,

I have run memtest86+ V4 through and it passed 10 times without error, It was off a dvd burned from the ISO file. I haven't had a chance to swap ram slots and re run it though.

The timings and frequency are as specified by the manufacturer -> 9-9-9-24 at 1600

Also, I've looked up similar problems (random motherboard beeps and unstable system) and found others with my motherboard have the same problem, which they fixed by updating the bios. However, I have updated my bios and it hasn't fixed my problem.

Thanks for your help

does the voltage in the bios look correct for RAM specs ?

Voltage is correct

Yes, the voltage is 1.5v as specified on the manufacturers website.

It seems to be working now, I'm not real sure what I did, In the memory timings within the bios I changed it to use an overclocking profile instead of manually entering values that were the same?

Anyway, Thanks for your help :)

Back
Top Bottom