Windows 7 No access to network on boot

RichardKR

[Solved] No access to network on boot

I hope someone can help with this nagging problem. My wife is running Win7 home and about 4 or 5 times a week when she boots up windows won't recognize the built in network adapter.

Device driver shows it's functioning properly, troubleshooter only comes up with update driver, but the driver is working. After several reboots it finally connects. Or, if I disable the network adapter and then re-enable it, it works. Any ideas?

Asus machine, wired connection less than a year old. Big hard drive 4gb ram, AMD cpu. We DON"T get the Unidentified Network problem.

Last edited:
I found out some further information this morning when it wouldn't connect. I hovered over the suggested fix of updating the NIC driver (which is already updated) and a box popped up stating: "Windows cannot bind IP Stack to Network Adapter". Any body have any ideas about this?

Thanks.

Last edited:
I'm going with IP conflict with another rig on the router, check the IP on both computers, if the ipv4 is set to auto it can be a issue, sometimes setting the option on router to "infinite lease" on the DHCP cures this too, as stops the reassigning of IP between multiple users too often.

Thanks for the reply. I checked and there is no conflict. Since there are only 3 connections and all are in different ports in the back of the router. I did check the one wireless connection, but no problem there. This was intermittent until I upgraded to SP1 2 days ago, not it's a hard problem.

to find out you'd need to check the properties on each of the ethernet devices status page, if you havent already, it's quite possible to conflict even on different physical sockets on a router

my partner and I used to get that quite often if we booted up at the same time to fix it all I did was enter the router config page and made our IP's static to our nics Physical Address and now we don't have that problem

Thanks Athlonite, that goes along with what Highwayman said. I've set mine to static and will do my wife's machine when she is off of it. I'll let you know, thanks.

my partner and I used to get that quite often if we booted up at the same time to fix it all I did was enter the router config page and made our IP's static to our nics Physical Address and now we don't have that problem

Finally got on her machine and it fixed it. Thanks so much folks.

Been seeing alot of this problem for Win7 so I would like to see a fix from MS for it. In the meantime, we are UP!!!!!!!!!

Back