Windows 8 No battery notification

windowsguy88

How do I activate battery notifications for Windows 8 when the battery reaches a certain level? I did go to Power Options and then to Advanced Settings. I could not find the option to do this. Anyone know?

Battery settings are on the bottom and has three parts: example;
Screenshot (245).png

low batty notify = on,
low batty level = 10%
low batty action = hiberate.

View attachment 28971
low batty notify = on,
low batty level = 10%

I have done that. My computer just shuts off when my
View attachment 28971
low batty notify = on,
low batty level = 10%

I have that set. However, my laptop still shuts off with out notification when I am using the battery as a power source.

I think that is dependent on the proprietary software of the laptop itself, if the manufacture even has one. With windows 8/8.1, by default it's set at 10% and for my Samsung RV511 of 3.5 years, it works perfectly fine in my windows 8.1Pro 64 bit. Unplug from batter and at 10% power left, the warning pops up.

I think that is dependent on the proprietary software of the laptop itself, if the manufacture even has one. With windows 8/8.1, by default it's set at 10% and for my Samsung RV511 of 3.5 years, it works perfectly fine in my windows 8.1Pro 64 bit. Unplug from batter and at 10% power left, the warning pops up.

My battery notification does not work. Is there something wrong with the OS?

Doubtful, but possible, it's probably some proprietary software on your laptop from manufacturer. That when it reaches it's threshold it just turns off. Although, ussnorway suggested fix should have worked and I don't know why it didn't. What's the make/model of your laptop? You could put a support ticket into your laptops tech support and find out what they recommend.

Back