Windows 7 No Existant Router

JohnCrow

Windows 7 is woking fine on my wireless enabled laptop. Acer Aspire 5630
However
Open windows explorer
Click Network
My laptop and main desktop pc( with ethernet connection to D-link router) are shown (DSL G624M)
Under the heading network infastructure
My router does not show but,

I also have a Belkin router showing, this is not mine and if i click on it it asks for a pin code.

I have tried the laptop with my main pc & router inpluggled from the mains
I have tried it with the SSID on my router re-enabled
This keeps showing
I know i can see about 10 local wireless networks in my area & there is a belkin (unsecured in the wireless list)
Any Ideas
Thanks

Solution
It seems like you are experiencing some network visibility issues on your Windows 7 laptop when trying to connect to your router. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot this problem: 1. Check Network Discovery Settings: - Make sure network discovery is turned on. You can do this by going to Control Panel > Network and Sharing Center > Change advanced sharing settings. Ensure that network discovery is enabled. 2. Check Router Connection: - Verify that your Acer Aspire 5630 is properly connected to your router. Check the physical connections and make sure there are no loose cables. 3. Restart the Router: - Try rebooting your router. Sometimes a simple restart can resolve connectivity issues. 4. Update...
It seems like you are experiencing some network visibility issues on your Windows 7 laptop when trying to connect to your router. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot this problem: 1. Check Network Discovery Settings: - Make sure network discovery is turned on. You can do this by going to Control Panel > Network and Sharing Center > Change advanced sharing settings. Ensure that network discovery is enabled. 2. Check Router Connection: - Verify that your Acer Aspire 5630 is properly connected to your router. Check the physical connections and make sure there are no loose cables. 3. Restart the Router: - Try rebooting your router. Sometimes a simple restart can resolve connectivity issues. 4. Update Network Drivers: - Ensure that the network drivers on your Acer Aspire 5630 are up to date. Outdated drivers can cause network problems. 5. Forget the Belkin Network: - If the Belkin router is not yours and is causing confusion, you can forget that network on your laptop. Go to Network and Sharing Center > Manage wireless networks and remove the Belkin network. 6. Reconfigure Network Settings: - Go to Control Panel > Network and Sharing Center > Set up a new connection or network. Follow the wizard to set up a new connection to your router. 7. Check for Interference: - Wireless networks in the area might be causing interference. Move your laptop closer to your router to see if the signal improves. 8. Reset Network Settings: - You can also reset the network settings on your laptop. Open an elevated Command Prompt and run the following commands:
Code:
 ipconfig /release ipconfig /renew
By following these steps, you should be able to troubleshoot the issue with network visibility on your Windows 7 laptop. If the problem persists, it might be worth contacting your router manufacturer for further assistance.

Solution
Back