Windows 7 No internet access, firewall issues

mrcapi937

My internet access keeps going out. The laptop is still connected to the router but my wireless connection says no internet access. I have to disable windows firewall then got to the wireless internet connection status and click on diagnose. It then resolves the problem and gives me an error message that says Wireless Network Connection does not have a valid ip configuration. It fixes the problem and I am connected with access to the internet. After 15 to 20 minutes I get the error again and I have to repeat the process to get internet access.

I have tried going to windows firewall to add an exception for Mozilla to access the internet but Windows firewall will not allow me to add an exception for this or any other program.

I am using Windows Home Premium 7

Dell Insiron N7010

Have you scanned your system for viruses and/or malware? Sounds to me like something has gone wrong, such as the DHCP client service not working correctly.

Additionally you may wish to check
Device Manger, the properties of your Wireless Adapter, the Power Management Tab and make sure that your OS is not turning off your adapter to save power.
Also check the Control Panel Power Options, Wireless Adapter settings, and set it to Maximum Performance.

Back