Windows 7 no internet connection on startup

C1B3R5NYP3R

Hello I have a HP Pavilion m9150f came with vista preinstalled. No modifications to the system other than installing windows 7. I have had no problems out of it until about a week ago. I noticed that when I reboot my system, I have to run the troubleshooter to fix the drivers for my ethernet and wifi. (factory installed wifi) I dont use wifi I have a hard line to my pc. Not sure if this is happening to anyone else but its not a hard work around just aggravating. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Daniel

You might have a confliction between the ethernet and wi fi connection. Try it with the WI Fi device disabled (Through the Device manager)

OK. Another thought. I have not heard of it manifesting like that before, but, fwiw, device manger again. Right click your ethernet device and the power management tab. See if you have the "Allow the computer to turn of..etc." If so - untick it.

Hello C1B3R5NYP3R,

When you look in Device manager is it listed under Other Devices or Network Adapters with a yellow flag beside it.

I might suggest you unhook the USB cable to the antenna device on your PC if that's how it's connected.

You can then give it a try after restarting your computer.

If this fails, you can use Device mmanager to uninstall the 802 WLAN device.

If a box pops up and asks if you'd like to look for the drivers on nest reboot, choose Don't ask me again.

If you copuld input your computer's specs in the UserCP entry in the left hand corner at the top of the page, that would be most helpful.

Did you happen to go to HP's site for updated drivers for your regular ethernet drivers?

Go to Start > Run, and type msinfo32, expand the Components< Network Adapter,

Look for your wired connection that maty look something like this:
Product Type Intel(R) 82566DC-2 Gigabit Network Connection

Last edited:
Hello I have a HP Pavilion m9150f came with vista preinstalled. No modifications to the system other than installing windows 7. I have had no problems out of it until about a week ago. I noticed that when I reboot my system, I have to run the troubleshooter to fix the drivers for my ethernet and wifi. (factory installed wifi) I dont use wifi I have a hard line to my pc. Not sure if this is happening to anyone else but its not a hard work around just aggravating. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Daniel

It's in the router. I have to reboot my router sometimes ... to get a connection after rebooting Win 7. A lot of people have this glitch and there are discussions about it in other forums.

It's the router

Are you using a Netgear router by chance?

Yes... but resetting it does nothing to fix the connection.. I can see the lights and my son's computer has internet access. Resetting the router restores the connection. There is a large amount or discussions about win 7 and routers when you google.

Drivers

Hi there,

I had the same problem when i had installed the 2nd time win 7 on my laptop.
I have a Realtek card for Lan and Atheros for wifi.
What you have to do is to find a compatible driver for you lan to get rid of that error for network conection.
I`ve just used Driver Genius 9 got all compatibile drivers for windows 7, rebooted and works just fine.

Here is the link
Link Removed - Invalid URLLink Removed - Invalid URL

I hope it will solve your problem.

Last edited:
Back