Windows 7 No news from RTM x64 ?

hotsnakes

I'm just waiting for a leak for RTM x64, guys were talking about yesterday or today for a build 7261 x64.

If someone has any news please let us know !

regards,

This is the latest from Wzor,

June 15, Microsoft started over RTM assemblies Windows 7, and now we are witnessing the preparations for the launch of the technological processes to start assembling RTM builds of Windows 7, as well as the emergence of a new branch builds win7_rtm.
We will inform you on the progress of the assembly RTM builds.
That's the first candidate for the final assembly of Windows 7.
All assemblies in the assembly line WIN7_RTM candidates for the finals:
6.1.7260.0.win7_rtm.090612-2110 - RTM branch build
6.1.7261.0.win7_rtm.090615-1900 - RTM branch build

and - WINMAIN branch build:
6.1.7233.0.winmain.090614-1655 - actual build in winmain branch
Pay attention to the date of the assembly earlier on Sunday in the Microsoft assemblies are not collected, work wear 24h7! :)

I am waiting from an x64 RTM branch leak too. I think he has 7261 so could be any time soon.

Yep, looks like 7260 didn't make the cut. If talks of 7261 getting assembled are occurring now, then the leak is bound to happen in a matter of days (or even hours!) :)

There will be a bunch of 726x builds, up to 5 or more. They will vote and one of them will become the escrow, this could be 7260. The changes between these builds could be so small, ie default wallpaper is different, where or when you get asked about network settings, the order of the icons in the taskbar, that you may aswell only download one of them. The final sign off of the RTM is set for the 26th I think.

This popped up yesterday on the Technet subscribers download site:

"IMPORTANT NOTICE: ALL file downloads will be OFFLINE from Friday, June 19th at 7:00 pm PDT until Sunday, June 21st at 4:00 pm PDT for a system upgrade. Also, Microsoft Connect will be offline this Saturday, June 20th from 9:00 am - 11:00 am PDT for a version upgrade. "

I would suggest that this is a preparation for the launch of the RTM.

Looks like 7262 has been compiled too. Maybe thats the one Wzor will leak next. x64 this time round.

6.1.7262.0.win7_rtm.090617-1900 - RTM branch build - perhaps this is the assembly will progenitress final RTM version of Windows 7 being rebuilt but in the main (winmain) assembly line, as the final RTM release of Windows 7.
At the moment, come the final stage of work, access to all assemblies completely closed as partners and employees corporation Microsoft.
That such a step will be taken we have previously informed you, this is pointed out that all the long-awaited event will take place here now, we just await the outcome of a vote by the assembly 6.1.7262.0.win7_rtm.090617-1900 and you receive the "birth" of final RTM release of Windows 7.

Last edited:
Looks like 7262 has been compiled too. Maybe thats the one Wzor will leak next. x64 this time round.

6.1.7262.0.win7_rtm.090617-1900 - RTM branch build - perhaps this is the assembly will progenitress final RTM version of Windows 7 being rebuilt but in the main (winmain) assembly line, as the final RTM release of Windows 7.
At the moment, come the final stage of work, access to all assemblies completely closed as partners and employees corporation Microsoft.
That such a step will be taken we have previously informed you, this is pointed out that all the long-awaited event will take place here now, we just await the outcome of a vote by the assembly 6.1.7262.0.win7_rtm.090617-1900 and you receive the "birth" of final RTM release of Windows 7.

Yes am wating for the 64X this way :)

Another RTM 6.1.7262.0.win7_rtm.090617-1900

RTM win7_rtm branch :
6.1.7260.0.win7_rtm.090612-2110
6.1.7261.0.win7_rtm.090615-1900
6.1.7262.0.win7_rtm.090617-1900 was compiled on Wed
(June 15-19 to continue to assemble. That's the first candidate for the final assembly of Windows 7)
Final RTM Re-build 7300 (Expected)

Just release the damm thing :p:p

gws

well my biggest problem with win 7 so far, is that it doesn't play well with files on other partitions, or that were downloaded from other op sys's. for example, i have a dual boot sys with vista ult on the other partition. if i download something while on the vista partition, and put it on yet another data partition for general use, when i am later back on the win 7 partition, it says it can't access it, or doesn't have permission to access it, and label's the file in green. even when i use the 'take ownership" program, it will not access it.
i am now using the 7229 build, and hope that they get that fixed in the last builds. other than that, i love 7.

Hmm lots of people have problems with permissions in 7. Thankfully Im not one of them. Hopefully it will be resolved.
if i download something while on the vista partition, and put it on yet another data partition for general use, when i am later back on the win 7 partition, it says it can't access it
Mine works fine. Did you upgrade out of interest? Try this in the command promt,

net user administrator activate:yes

Got a drive by ! Link Removed due to 404 Error

Some guy called Wzor :)

New candidiate in RTM Builds

6.1.7260.0.win7_rtm.090612-2110 - RTM branch build - no sign-off!
6.1.7261.0.win7_rtm.090615-1900- RTM branch build - no sign-off!
6.1.7262.0.win7_rtm.090617-1900- RTM branch build - no sign-off!
6.1.7263.0.win7_rtm.090619-1900 - NEW candidate in RTM branch build.

and - WINMAIN branch build:
6.1.7233.0.winmain.090614-1655 - actual build in winmain branch

From wzor.net

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Last edited:
I'm also having 0 problems with permissions and I'm still using the RC (Build 7100).. ;) Let's hope they are sorted out by the Retail.. If indeed there is something to sort out and it's not just another case of user error.. ;)

first of all no, i didn't upgrade. i did a clean install. and second, how can it be user error? i did a clean install, and loaded everything exactly like i have loaded all the others. but 7 doesn't want to mess with some files. i can't understand why it would allow me to use some of the files on other partitions, and not others. some files on my external are in normal black writing, and i can use those. others are in green writing, and when i try to use them, it gives me an error message that says,

"Windows can not access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."
and before you even ask it, yes i am logged on as an administrator.
i have never had a problem with this until i loaded seven. i've never seen this message in vista...

Last edited:
Yes very much looking forward to that the culmination of all our efforts to learn about windows 7 .:D

Back
Top Bottom