Windows 7 No sound After Windows 7 install

trigger

Thanks for listening guys.

I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop that I just installed a new hard drive and Windows 7 in. The problem is I have lost all sound. It shows the sound device is working fine and all drivers are up to date but no sound. I did notice that for a sound device, instead of speakers it shows headphones but they dont work either. Any ideas would be greatky appreciated. I like watching my news videos but cant read lips.

I'm not saying your stupid but this happened to me, sadly..
If your laptop has a physical volume control, check it to make sure it wasn't turned down accidentally.

I'm not saying your stupid but this happened to me, sadly..
If your laptop has a physical volume control, check it to make sure it wasn't turned down accidentally.

No offense taken, Venom, it has happened to me before also but this is a different critter all together. I installed a new hard drive and installed windows 7 and havnt had sound since. Ive tried updates and it says my drivers are current. If I play a video the sound volume bar jumps around like nothings wrong. Device manager says everything is kosher but still no sound. I have noticed that Device Manager just lists my sound card as a "High Definition Audio Device" and even if I delete it and reboot, it shows the same HDAU and automatically shows up as Headphones of which doesnt work either.

Back