Insider Preview No Way To Change Network Settings From Public To Private On Windows 10.

Discussion in 'Windows 10 Help and Support' started by Andrea Borman, Nov 27, 2014.

1. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Excellent Member
    Microsoft Community Contributor

The process seems to be a little different for WiFi or Ethernet. With Ethernet I clicked on the Connection itself. With WiFi I clicked on the Advanced Options as shown in the attachments. Sorry if it looks funny, IE or the forum is giving me problems.

Network Private.JPG

Network Private2.JPG

2. Andrea Borman

Andrea Borman Honorable Member

Well a lot has changed since I used that version of Windows 10 which was only a Beta version. I don't have Windows 10 now as I have decided to stick with Windows 7 and 8 for the time being. But I did download the Evaluation Enterprise version or build of 10 from the Microsoft website. Which is a trial version of the currant Windows 10.
    As I don't mind trying it out but I don't want to run it as my main OS because a lot of the things that were in Windows 7 and 8 have are gone from Windows 10. With Windows 8 all of the features of Windows 7 and XP are still there apart from the start menu, which you can get back. But with 10 that's not the case and you cannot even disable updates. So I am sticking with Windows 7.

3. Mark Brantner

Mark Brantner New Member

what I get.

As I said, it must be a difference between what OS one had before.
    Here is the exact same procedure on my Win10

#23 Mark Brantner, Aug 30, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2015
  4. Mark Brantner

Mark Brantner New Member

I do get this result, with the wireless connected, but still not the same:
    what I get2.