Windows 10 No Way To Change Network Settings From Public To Private On Windows 10.

The process seems to be a little different for WiFi or Ethernet. With Ethernet I clicked on the Connection itself. With WiFi I clicked on the Advanced Options as shown in the attachments. Sorry if it looks funny, IE or the forum is giving me problems.

Network Private.JPG

Network Private2.JPG

Well a lot has changed since I used that version of Windows 10 which was only a Beta version. I don't have Windows 10 now as I have decided to stick with Windows 7 and 8 for the time being. But I did download the Evaluation Enterprise version or build of 10 from the Microsoft website. Which is a trial version of the currant Windows 10.
As I don't mind trying it out but I don't want to run it as my main OS because a lot of the things that were in Windows 7 and 8 have are gone from Windows 10. With Windows 8 all of the features of Windows 7 and XP are still there apart from the start menu, which you can get back. But with 10 that's not the case and you cannot even disable updates. So I am sticking with Windows 7.

what I get.png
The process seems to be a little different for WiFi or Ethernet. With Ethernet I clicked on the Connection itself. With WiFi I clicked on the Advanced Options as shown in the attachments. Sorry if it looks funny, IE or the forum is giving me problems.

As I said, it must be a difference between what OS one had before.
Here is the exact same procedure on my Win10

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom